Beam

I sat down with Kit who was engrossed in his show. Just as I sat down next to him, he suddenly stiffened and moved away abit. It wasn't very obvious but I did wonder what sparked it. However, I decided to ignore it and just focused on the show.

I could feel Kit giving me glances occasionally from the side of his eyes. I let it be until I realized it was getting abit too much. I finally asked him what was going on without turning to him.

I didn't hear anything and I thought maybe he didn't hear me but just then...

"Do you like me Beam?"
"What..? Why would you ask that? What triggered it?"
"You didn't answer my question Beam.."
"I.. we are friends Kit. Of course I like you."
"You know what I mean.. if that's the case, you would have said it earlier. Not dance around my question."
"We are friends Kit. I mean.. I don't understand your question.."
"Really Beam? That's how you want to play it? I'm trying to just ask you something honestly..."
"I.. Kit.." I faltered. I really didn't know how to answer him. If he didn't like my answer, I know the friendship between me and Kit may be ruined.

I kept quiet, looking at my hands. Kit placed his hand over me and went "The bond between us isnt going to be broken by your honesty Beam. That's what I appreciate about you.."

I kept quiet, still scared. What seemed like the longest time ever, I finally looked up at Kit and uttered, "I like you Kit, not like how I like Pha or Forth. I like you the same way Pha likes Yo."

I watched Kit who just looked at me for abit before he moved over and grasped my hands together.

"That wasn't so difficult right? And no I'm not gloating or making fun of you. I'm just trying to confirm I didn't read the signs or you wrongly."

"Kit, would you..."
"Yes I would. In a heartbeat."
"Kit you don't know what I am.."
"I want to be your boyfriend Beam. And if that's not what you had in mind, then would you be mine?"

I stared dumbfounded at Kit and finally chuckled. I pulled him into my arms and just hugged him tight, finally getting a chance to release all of my emotions and feelings for him.