Chapter 54

When I arrived at the TXT hours later I texted Gyu to check on Soobin. Normally I don't leave being a nervous wreck, but I've been strung out since leaving him alone. He stated the was still resting and hasn't been out of his room. In a way that's good thing. I supposed since he hadn't taken his medicine in a while, it's put him out. I'm just at ease knowing he's fine. I'll check again tomorrow. For now I'm turning in for the night. I'm exhausted.

I was standing outside TXT's studio in BigHit, in Daegu, speaking with one of our managers when I caught a whiff of vanilla in the air. I automatically thought... 'No, it can't be.' From the corner of my eye I saw a hint of a strawberry blond standing at the front desk. 'Could it be? How can I be sure? Get a grip on yourself. You know there's hardly any redheads here. She's here.My Strawberry Shortcake.' I didn't want to get in over my head. Had Junnie been right? Had Soobin  been correct? My manager caught me staring in the the woman's direction. He smiled, "Yeah, she's quite a vision to see. Would you like to meet her?" If that's Kate, how the hell did she impress our manager so quick? Normally he's a hard one to approve of anything. Then again, we all knew she'd start turning heads the second she landed ground somewhere. I denied the offer, "No thanks. I'm good. So we're good...it sounded fine. You sure, you liked it. I'm sure I can hit those high notes better." I heard heels clicking, and there she was. Long legs. Hips swaying. Mini skirt. Have mercy! Katelyn Blue was in Daegu. Soobin had hit the nail on the head. She smiled when she saw me, from ear to ear, "Tae." She seemed taken by surprise as much as I was. She embraced me. 'Hmmm...pure sweetness.' I pulled her back, "Shortcake," my eyes gave her a quick look over, "Wow! Look at you. What are you doing in Daegu?" I didn't see any sign of a baby as Soobin had predicted. She teased with a glint in her eyes, "I could ask you the same thing." I winked at her, "Sweetie, I'm here putting the final touches on a song for a TV program. And you?" She smiled at my manager, "Can I borrow him for a second?" He gave me a quick nod, "We're done here. Great job, Tae. I'll listen to it again and if we need any touch ups, we can adjust it in Seoul. See you later, Miss Blue." She took me by the sleeve of my navy star printed button down, "Come with me." She led me down the long hall to another studio. I whistled as we stepped inside, "Shit, Kate..." She grew all giddy, "I know. Isn't it great? And it's all mine." She held her palms up spinning around, happily. My eyes scanned the spacious room. She had a leather couch, a mini fridge. She had a leather couch, a mini fridge. All the convenience without leaving the studio. A fricking room within a room. She had it better than we did. I was green with envy. Something more concerned me. I turned to her, "Kate, what happened to you being in California?" Now my curiosity was up. I stated, "I thought it was a done deal." She rocked on the heels of her shoes, and tucked a strand of hair behind her left ear. Did I just see a sparkle of something? Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. I've been staring at a music sheet most of the day, and my eyes are tired. She nibbled on her lower lip, her green orbs staring at me. I literally felt myself falling. She's still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, and as much as I'd love to remind her, I'm too nervous at the moment to say anything. Maybe over drinks later, if she'll accept. She replied, "Well, yeah...about that. I was technically supposed to be there, but scheduled got changed. My manager was able to get a studio here. He knew how much I love Daegu, and my family is here, and you guys are nearby, so everything worked out perfectly. How could I turn it down? You know how much I love being near Cookie." That I did. She's just too precious. Gyu is so damn lucky. If only I could find a good woman like Kate. I'm afraid they are few and far between. Only to know the love that I see between her and Gyu. Does it really exist? Or is it happen for the chosen few? I cleared my throat. My thoughts are running free. I replied, "That's great, Shortcake. Does Gyu know? I'm sure he'd be the first to know." She smiled, and her eyes danced under the fluorescent lights, "Yes, Cookie knows." I returned the smile. Of course he did. Kate walked over to the control board and my eyes followed her. Why I had suddenly became so tongue tied? All I could think about was her beauty. She was clearly glowing and so happy. I happen to notice the pep in her step. Like she's free. She patted the seat next to her, "Tae, come. Sit. I was working on this song of mine." Damn! They give her free reign too? She has control over her own music? I slowly moved over to her. As soon as I filled the seat, her sweet fragrance tickled my senses. I scanned the back of her. Her cute little figure made my libido jump. She was within my reach. All I had to do was reach out and touch the back of her tanned thigh. Have mercy! What the hell am I thinking? I've always been one to keep my hands to myself, but when it comes to Kate, I'm finding it extremely hard to behave. I bite my lower lip, "So you have no one directing you?" She glanced over her shoulder at me, "Yes. He's at lunch. He told me to review the song and make corrections. Want to help me? You have such ear for music." I wanted to laugh. If she really thought so. I just sing high notes. She sat down next to me, and while the music played, I caught her eye and held her gaze. If silence spoke a thousand words, we sure had a lot to say. Then the words fell from my lips, "I've missed you." Her eyes widened, and I leaned in a bit. She smiled innocently, "Tae, that's so sweet." Hmm...
I wasn't out to kiss her. Just to study her. I loved looking at her face. She had a beautiful face. Her eyes were so mesmerizing. A dusting of freckles just in the right places under her eyes and across her nose. Her heart shaped lips that never grow tired of smiling or being chewed on. I could honestly just keep my focus here and let myself fall. I stated, "No, Kate. I really missed you. Life in the TXT house isn't the same without you." She raised a hand and touched my cheek with a pout, "Tae, it's only been a few days." Did she not realize a few days made a world of difference? She asked, "How's Soobin?" I sat back in the chair, "He's better. He had a rough day after we hung up. He finally took his medicine and fell asleep. I left Gyu standing guard." Kate grimaced, "Was that a good idea? You how much he resents Soobin right now." And I did, but I'm hoping he has a change of heart. I admitted folding my hands in my lap, anything to keep from caressing her cheek, "Yes, but this may be good for them. The need to get back to where they were as friends. I don't like seeing tension amongst us." Kate's eyes fell, "So we're back to that. It's my fault?" I sat up quickly, and touched her cheek before I knew it, "God, no, Shortcake. You can't blame yourself for what's happened between Gyu and Soobin." Is that what she really thought? That I blamed her for all of this? How could she think this? I adore her wholeheartedly. I'm fact, I'm crazy in love with her. I never thought differently. And I had to make sure she knew that. I watched the way my thumb moved over her cheek. My god what am I doing? She raised her emerald green eyes, "But it is, Tae. Everything was fine with them until I came into the picture." I chuckled, "Shortcake, you've always been in the picture." She gave her an expression of 'you know what I mean', "Yes, but look what I've done. The very presence of me has driven a wedge between them." I shook my head, disagreeing with her, "No, Kate. It's Soobin's actions that has done that. And one day he'll realize that. I believe he's already reaping the consequences for what he's done. That's why he's suffering now." She pouted sadly, "Poor, Soobin. I really do want to help him." Bless her. She really is an angel. She sighed, "Actually Mari is heading there to take him to the appointment I was able to get him." I cringed. Now I understood why Mari was so persistent with her phone calls. But I was part to blame with Mari getting in touch with her. In a way I was looking for a way to bring the two of them back together, and sidetrack Soobin from my Shortcake. I know she loves Gyu, but I wanted to protect her. My hand fell away from her face, "Oh, Shortcake, you know he'll fight her tooth and nail." She gave a brief nod, "I do, but I wanted him to know someone cares about what's going on with him. I just feel so much considering all that he's been through." She began getting emotional, tears surfacing, "It just breaks my heart. How could any parent damage their child the way they did? I bet he was sweet boy before all this." Oh dear...here came the waterworks. Kate really cared about him. She just didn't speak words to say them. They came from the heart. Damn, Gyu...I'm so jealous of you! Even after all this, she thinks highly of him. I bobbed my head, "Kate, deep down he's a good guy with a good heart. He just needs love." A tear slid down her cheek, dropping onto her top, "And I hate I can't be the one to give him that. I can only give him the love of a friend." I brushed away another tear that escaped with the pad of my thumb, "You are absolutely precious. Soobs is blessed to have you as a friend. We all are." I've been truly moved since she came into our life. Or I could say my life. She really taught me how to live and to love. Love? Maybe one day when the right woman comes along. Until then I'll just admire the view in front of me. Her bottom lip trembled, "Really?? I've already made a mess with all of you." A small smile turned up the corners of my mouth, "Nonsense, beautiful. You just shook things up." I gave her a flirty wink that caused her tears to dry up and a little giggle escaped from her chest. At least I made her smile. I love to see her smile. Her smile alone lights up a room, and makes my heart soar. I can relate as to why Soobin refuses to let go. She turned to face the control board restarting the song. She quickly threw me a wink over her shoulder, "Actually, it's all y'all's fault. You shouldn't have sat at my table." Oh my god! Is she flirting with me? That's just like Kate. Harmless flirting. And I'm screwed. Being alone with her like this, away from the guys, is tempting to fall. I'm finding my strength slipping, and I'm thinking of all the things I could do to her on this very control board. I drop my face into my palms. Oh f***! Where is my head? How can I even think of taking Gyu's fiancée? What kind of pervert am I? Just because I care, doesn't mean I can have her. I have to respect my friend. I have to respect her. It's getting harder though, especially the way she looks in these mini skirts she wears. She has very sexy legs. Everything physically and mentally about her is sexy. Did I say how I envy Gyu? No, seriously, I love him. He's a great guy and deserves someone like Kate. They are absolutely adorable together. Perfect. To cute for words. And when she looks at me with those amazing green eyes, it's hard to turn away.  They're so captivating and so magnetic. They literally lure you in. Call me pathetic but I'm becoming a sucker for her. Who would have ever thought this would happen to me? Did I ever plan on falling for one of my friend's girl? No. It never crossed my mind. And half the time the girls they dated really weren't much to think about. Granted, Junnie was the one who actually dated, per say. Then along came Kate. The waitress/bartender from the Gypsy. The girl that flipped Junnie's world upside down. Never before had been so engulfed in someone. From the moment he first her, he set his sights on her. No one and nothing else mattered. It was all Kate, all the time. None of us really cared. We were happy to see him finally wrapped around one girl. All of us, except Gyu. I soon learned that not only was Kate his best friend, but he'd been secretly in love with her. And when he found out Kate was falling for Junnie, then set his own heart in motion. He found the guts to come forward and tell her that he loved her. That was all it took, because Kate had been in love with Gyu all along. Their love is the sweetest I've ever seen. Yes, it's up and down, but they have so much passion and drive that keeps them holding together. And I know it hurts Junnie to see this. It's almost like they're rubbing it in his face. Somehow, they're not. They're just being themselves. And Junnie regrets letting her go. He sacrificed his love for Kate over his friendship to Gyu. What a man! What a guy!! Then that's Junnie. No matter the pain or the deeper the cut, he'd do anything to see them both so happy. That's true love. And I know how disappointed he is that he lost her. As a member of TXT I can see and feel how much Kate has worked her way into all of our hearts.