Female Springfield Citizen

Authors note: this is my very first time writing and sharing my stories. So please be gentle. Constructive criticism only please.

I took a glance up toward the sky as I took a deep breath to try and calm myself. I had just put the last of my belongings in the trunk of my car, I had recently graduated community college in the city of ( city name) and found that the busy streets and noise overwhelming and needed a change of scene and not as hectic.

I had planned on moving back home to the town of Springfield located in the state of Massachusetts. I was looking forward to seeing my family and my longtime friends as well as the locals.

I had spoken to my mom on the phone a few minutes prior letting her know I was about to hit the road on my way back home.

I finally got in the drivers seat of my car, put the keys in the ignition and turned on my car getting ready for long journey back to my hometown.

.... Time Skip.....

After a gruelling Amount of time on the road, I finally noticed the billboard to my right. " Welcome To Springfield" it said. I continued the venture to my new apartment where I was going to live. Eventually, I had arrived. My apartment building was located in a nice little neighborhood in Springfield not to mention it was in a safe location.

I turned of my car, got out and stretched my legs before walking inside. I noticed the landlord was waiting beside the door. We both said a quick hello, I introduced myself. He then gave me the key to my apartment, the building and my mailbox. I thanked him then I walked back to my car to start bringing my belongings upstairs up to the third floor since I found out that's where my apartment is. I took the key for my apartment m, put it in the lock and opened the door. I walked inside and smiled to myself, it was a studio apartment, not overly large but just the right size as I was the only one going to be living here. Everything was included in the rent even cable which was another bonus considering I was a recent college grad hoping to find decent job that I liked and payed the bills.

A little while later I had finally finished unpacking my clothes, belongings and personal knickknacks then I remembered I promised my mom I would call her after I got settled.
" hello sweetie is everything alright?" My mom asked me as soon as she picked up. "Oh everything is fine mom I just finally got settled in to my new apartment" I said. we talked for a few more minutes. " well it's getting late and I bet you're pretty tired what are you going to do tomorrow"? " tomorrow I think I might revisit the town a little more since I haven't been here in so long and probably put my résumé to some businesses." " OK honey good night I love you" "I love you too mom" I hung up the phone. I then noticed it was getting pretty late the sun had already set over the town. I had changed into my pyjamas did my bedtime routine and climbed into my new bed. After a few minutes I fell asleep.

I opened my eyes the next morning, I let out a long yawn as I stretched my muscles. I got out of bed and walked over to my little kitchen to see what I can make myself for breakfast, I sighed realizing I did not have much food, just whatever I could smuggle from my old dorm room back at my old college. I was able to have a breakfast consisting of juice, toast, a banana, and some cereal. After I finished my breakfast, I did the dishes in the sink and then finally figured out what to wear for the day. ( you can decide what to wear and how to wear your hair). I got in the shower to get cleaned and refreshed. After some time I was dressed, then got some of my resumes to take with me. I left my apartment got inside my car to travel across Springfield. I went pretty much everywhere including, Springfield elementary, the nuclear power plant, Moe's tavern, the police station; though the cops there weren't really help or of service. I then remembered I needed to get some groceries. I remembered I can go to the Kwik- E- mart which was where I drove to next. I walked inside and grabbed a cart. I walked along the isles grabbing a bunch of food I know would last me a least a week. I walked up to the checkout, paid for the items. " Alright Miss, that will be $45.99" the man with the Indian accent told me. I noticed the name tag said "Apu". I handed him the exact amount of money. " Thank you for shopping at the Kwik- E mart Miss, have a great day" Apu said to me. " Thank you very much" I politely said back as I took my bags. I put them in my car then I got in to make my way home.

...Time skip...

I was lying in bed that night just looking at walls. Despite all that's all that's happened in the last few years of my busy college days, I'm glad now that I graduated, I can figure out what career path I want to pursue. I looked at my digital clock on my nightstand and looked at the time, it read 10:28pm. I had talked to mom on the phone after I gotten home from job hunting, she and my father want me to come back to their house the next day for lunch. They also invited one of there neighbours and family we know quite well; the Simpsons. I wondered what they would be up to these days. It would be really nice to see them again as well as my own family with whom I greatly missed. Even though I do love my parents, I do need my space and my independence which I treasure on a daily basis. That's why I love this studio apartment I call me home. As I turn on my side, before I fall asleep I think to myself that to be back in the town I grew up in. To quote Dorothy from The Wizard Of Oz:

"Theres no place like home".