𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

Smut warning...

I forced Cheri to change out of her dress and into my shorts and tank top before I could finally put her in my bed. I was thankful her whines had died down as she officially drifted off to sleep.

I used this time to change myself. I shimmed out of my dress and into a black lace satin set that I had just taken out.

After that was done, I cleaned off my makeup and put on a bonnet. Nothing, not even my father, could force me to leave my room, not when I was ready to relax.

I sat down and picked up a book that I had just started a few days ago. It was an erotica novel. These novels fulfilled my heart in a way that neither men nor Oliver could.

As I realized this chapter was a steamy chapter, I picked up where I left off and sighed contentedly.

I started envisioning what was being described while I read. By doing this, reading became more pleasurable and spicier.

Because of how well-written and detailed these pages were, I could picture what was happening. This only made me intrigued, more than I already was.

Minutes and pages flew by, and I was too engaged in my book to notice the hum or the muscular man standing by my door frame.

I hurriedly closed my book and laughed awkwardly. I got out of bed and set my book on the nightstand, paying close attention to Alonso.

"You're here for Cheri?" I asked, knowing the answer to that question.

I simply wanted to break the uneasy silence we were experiencing.

Alonso nodded. "Yeah."

The book I had been trying so hard to hide was then pointed out by him. "You read?"

My cheeks were flushed, but thankfully my skin tone prevented it from showing.

"I do and don't even ask because I doubt you'll be interested." I said, flashing him a small smile.

Alonso smirked. "Try me."

He seemed to be taunting me in some way with the sound of his deep, brooding voice, as if he knew what I was reading.

Maybe he saw the book cover or read the title?

I gulped noticeably. "Horror! The genre is horror."

"Hm." He slightly cocked his head while raising his eyebrows. "Is that so?"

I mentally screamed. I lied, and Alonso was well aware of it. His voice and the way he looked at me both made that clear. A small shudder went down my spine.

Fuck. This is how I'm going to die. I rushed out of my spot and went to Cheri's side before he could continue.

"Let me help you with Cheri." I said, grinning meekly at him.

Alonso squinted his eyes before letting out a sigh of defeat. He said nothing; instead, he approached me from behind and stood there.

Cheri stirred a little as I slowly removed the blankets. I felt a hand on my hip that squeezed the skin gently before patting the spot he squeezed.

His hand on my hip made my breath hitch. Even though it was just for a moment, I enjoyed feeling his hands on me.

He pushed me away slowly. In a bewildered and flustered state, I turned to face him. He didn't want my help?

"It's late, darling. Why don't you go lay down while I get Cheri, hm?" Although Alonso spoke to me softly, I was not stupid.

I could hear the slight order in his tone. Instead of listening, I shook my head.