1.4

Saturday, 7:16 AM. As the sunlight peered in through the windows, Aliana found herself awaking. In an attempt to wake up, she only fell back on the bed again, her head pounding. "Oh God why did I drink?" She groans, looking to her side to see a glass of water and some Advil on the bedside table. Though confused, she takes it, downing the pills and rolling out of the bed, gasping out at the pain in her side that was so apparent she thought it'd kill her. Walking towards her kitchen, the smell of eggs fills her nose.

     Grabbing a baseball bat from the closet, walking towards the kitchen, cautious and ready to strike, she slowly enters looking to see who it is. At the footsteps approaching, the mysterious man turns around, a kitchen towel over his shoulder. "I'd appreciate it if you didn't knock me out with a bat. I may have to fire you." Aaron deadpans.

     "That is, if you'd even live. What're you doing here?" Aliana rubs her eyes. "Making breakfast?" Aaron responds. "No, Here." She clarifies, Seriously am I dreaming? She thinks to herself. "Oh... Last night you were pretty drunk so I drove you home. I tried to leave but you asked me to stay and Daniel wasn't home. I wanted to make sure you would be alright on your own." He explains and Aliana hides her face in her hands in shame. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God."

     "I was gonna stay until he came home but he never came." Aaron adds on. "Coffee? It helps with hangovers." He offers, grabbing a mug from the cabinet. Aliana watched how he maneuvered around and did everything so comfortably, as if he was in his own house. "Um yeah, sure." She responds awkwardly, not sure how to cope with the situation at hand.

     "Here you go." He hands her the mug, after adding a bit of creamer, the way he had seen her do it before. Aliana noticed how his hand looked, gripping the mug in hand, her thoughts too lewd to say out loud. She immediately snaps out of it, taking the mug, shaking her head."Thanks." She thanks. What the actual fuck was that? She questions herself.

     "Wow you must be obsessed. This is exactly how I take my coffee." Aliana jokes and Aaron, facing away from her let's a small smile on his face at the rare, joking banter. "Try observant. I spend up to 24 hours a day with you, you drink a lot of coffee." He responds, beginning to put the food on plates. "Did you take that Advil I left you?" He asks. "Oh, yes, thanks. You know, I'm quite embarrassed and I'm surprised I'm not fired yet."

     "Worse things have happened. I'm even making breakfast so it can't be that bad." Aaron raises an eyebrow, handing her a plate. "What a charmer! Though I'm supposed to hate you." Aliana whines, going to sit at the kitchen table, as he follows her. "Your resistance to admitting that I'm a saving grace is making it quite easy for me to feel the same." He jokes and Aliana freezes, wide eyed.

     "Oh so you have jokes now, huh, boss man??" She teases. "Maybe I do, Jayde." He responds, earning a laugh from Aliana. Aaron smiles slightly, watching her as she tries to hide her laugh with a scowl. After that, the two eat in silence, each of them too afraid to speak. The tension began to grow in the room, making the two slightly uncomfortable as the realization of the situation comes in.

     The silence is broken as Aaron's phone rings. "Hotchner." His stern demeanor is back up as he answers the phone. "Alright. Now? Okay, you contact the team. Alright, thank you JJ, be in in a moment." He chats with the blonde before hanging up. "We have a case." "Got it. Go ahead and head home then." Aliana offers. "You don't have a car? I noticed that last night." Aaron responds, picking up the empty plates and taking them into the kitchen.

     "Oh um yeah I usually just take the Metro to work. My car um, got crashed so I don't have one right now." Aliana explains. "I'm driving you to work, go get ready." He says, quite sternly, earning a glare from Aliana. When the glare is quickly returned, she sighs and heads towards her bedroom. No sense in arguing with him.