Chapter 4

Lizzie was pouting as Scarlett hummed along to the song on the radio, one hand on the wheel. Her eyes were trained on the road as she turned another corner. "I still can't believe you won."

"I have super power, what can I say?" Scarlett glanced at Lizzie for a second. Her girlfriend had her arms crossed over her chest, a pout on her face. "Stop pouting, you're making me feel bad."

Lizzie huffed. "Good. And there's no doubt that Wanda will beat Natasha, who does not have super power, by the way."

"Wow," Scarlett laughed sarcastically, glancing at her girlfriend briefly. Not that she really had anything to argue with that though. Wanda could definitely beat Natasha, if the script that Scarlett had seen from Lizzie practicing, she knew that Wanda as Scarlet Witch could definitely beat Natasha. "I'm sure Wanda loves Natasha too much to kill her."

A laugh escaped Lizzie's lips. "Keep telling yourself that. She might love her children a little more."

They turned another corner, their destination a few blocks away. It was a cafe Scarlett remembered in her childhood. It was surprising that the place was still open, but it was familiar. And from what Scarlett could remember, it has the best coffee and breakfast sandwiches.

"I side with the fans that Wandanat is canon," Scarlett huffed, glancing around for a parking spot by the road. "And nothing will ever change my mind."

"Natasha needs to fight Vision. And they're both dead," Lizzie recalled. Scarlett parallel parked into a spot by the sidewalk, taking two tries before stopping the car and turning to Lizzie.

"At least Natasha died more heroically," Scarlett protested, hearing Lizzie's laughter as she got out of the car. Scarlett quickly unbuckled her seatbelt, glancing at the car before opening the door and stepping out, joining her girlfriend on the sidewalk.

Lizzie gave Scarlett a peck on her cheeks, pulling a hat over her head. She offered her hand to Scarlett, who grabbed it without any hesitation. "They both died for stupid rocks."

"Rocks are stupid," Scarlett hummed in agreement.

Walking side by side, Scarlett noticed a few glances turned their way. But none approached them, simply watching from the side. They walked into the cafe, hearing the bell on top of the door ringing.

The fresh smell of coffee immediately filled the air, and Scarlett felt the nostalgic feeling sinking in. She hasn't been here for a long time. Glancing around the cafe, many of the seats were filled, but there seemed to be only two baristas behind the counter.

A man was in front of them in line. Before long though, he had his order and Scarlett and Lizzie walked toward the counter.

A girl stood there, and Scarlett had a double take when she noticed the familiar green eyes staring back at her. The girl's hair was medium-length blonde, and she had an easy smile on her face. "Hey! What can I get you today?"

Scarlett could only stare at the girl, who either didn't notice who she was serving, never watched marvel, or was doing a damn good job at hiding the fact that she's serving two celebrities. Lizzie spoke up instead when she noticed Scarlett's hesitation. "We'll have one latte, grande. And cold brew, grande as well. And two breakfast sandwiches."

"Coming right up," the girl grinned, and Scarlett sneaked a quick glance at her nametag. Katelyn. That's a pretty name. She would've named her daughter Katelyn if she had gotten the chance. Scarlett shook her head at the thought, finding comfort in feeling Lizzie's hands clasped tightly with her own.

The girl left the counter, grabbing two breakfast sandwiches, and placing it on the counter. Scarlett glanced at the wrapped sandwiches with interest. It was something she had learned since she was a child. Unless someone could be allergic to something, the breakfast sandwiches were always made by the barista serving that morning, and they're free to put whatever ingredients they want. It was basically a mystery sandwich. "That would be twenty-two dollars."

Scarlett reached down to grab her wallet. The girl seems to notice the curious look Lizzie was giving the sandwiches, as she spoke up after Scarlett handed her the card. "I made the sandwiches today. Don't worry, I made my favorite. Simple, yet delicious."

Katelyn swiped the card, a smile still on her face as she handed the card to Scarlett. "Can I get a name for it?"

"Scarlett," Scarlett spoke up, and Katelyn smiled again, writing it on two cups she had grabbed. "I'm surprised you didn't know already."

A mysterious smile appeared on Katelyn's face, and Scarlett wondered what it could possibly mean. But then she simply shrugged. "Don't want to seem rude. Plus I don't know if your name is Scarlett. You could have been someone who just looked a lot like Scarlett Johansson."

Lizzie laughed at that, and Katelyn turned and gave her a huge smile. "And you must be Elizabeth Olsen."

"That's me," Lizzie grinned. "And you are?"

"Katelyn," she smiled, gesturing to the name tag pinned on her apron. "But I guess you already know that as well."

She sent them a playful wink, as if she was telling them a secret no one knew about. Scarlett found it scary how easy conversation with this girl seems to be. "Well, we don't want to keep you from your customers."

Katelyn made a dramatic glance behind them, before nodding along, a serious look on her face. "Yes. My non-existent customers said thank you. They are quite impatient, aren't they?"

The serious look was still on her face, and Scarlett couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "And if it's not too much to ask, can I get my friend a picture?"

Scarlett found herself nodding, as Lizzie spoke up. "Of course!"

A smile appeared on Katelyn's face as she nodded, grabbing the cup and starting to make the coffee. It was easy, the conversation was easy. And Lizzie was whispering in her ears. "She's nice, isn't she?"

"Really nice," Scarlett agreed. "How old do you think she is?"

As in on cue, the girl appeared again, holding two cups of coffee. "There you two go. And take a guess! How old do you think I am?"

There was no way this girl was older than twenty, that's for sure. But she seems more mature than fourteen. Scarlett thought about it, before taking a wild guess. "Sixteen?"

"Close," she turned to Lizzie, tilting her head questionably. "What do you think, Elizabeth?"

"Maybe seventeen?"

Katelyn grinned. "Fourteen, turning fifteen. But you know, you can't really tell. Everything thinks I'm sixteen."

"And that doesn't bother you?" Scarlett questioned. She always hated being called older than she was, it just made her feel old. But maybe it doesn't matter if someone was still fourteen. But what is a fourteen years old girl doing working in a cafe?

"Not really, I mean, I feel older than I am, you know?" Her words were easy, as if it didn't imply more than it did. But Scarlett could tell that Lizzie had a similar thought in mind. What made the girl feel older than she was. "And I don't want to keep you from whatever work you guys have to do, so... have a good day! It was nice talking to you!"

Lizzie stopped before they walked away, calling out to Katelyn. "How about the picture you promised your friends?"

She paused, as if suddenly remembering that. She pulled out her phone from her back pocket, before holding it out. Scarlett smiled at the camera, and the first picture of the three of them were taken. Katelyn smiled at the picture, before waving them goodbye. "Hope to see you again!"

"Hope to see you again too," Scarlett smiled at the girl, before grabbing Lizzie's hand again and the two of them walked out of the cafe, lighter than she had been this morning.