3; Movie Night

"I'm going to be fine." My voice broke as I looked at my slightly shaking body. Cursing under my breath. Isaac was super nice and his friends seemed too, being okay with him bringing her and all. She just couldn't stop being extremely nervous.  Her hands went to fix her top before looking through her clothing rack for a cardigan. Finding her favorite green one with daisies she quickly put it on before brushing her hair through once more. Her outfit is a great mix of neat, comfortable, and cozy. She really did want to make a good first impression. A bag with her phone and snacks already waiting, packed beside the front door. 

"INGRID!" her brother's agitated voice came from down the stairs. "Isaac is here to pick you up!" She sighed. "COMING!" Ben looked at Isaac indifferently. "You can wait inside or whatever." He rolled his eyes and went back to the living room, probably back to his phone to talk to the 367 people swooning over him. Social Media had heightened his already overgrown ego. Ingrid made her way down and instantly hugged her new friend, holding his shoulders as she stepped back. "Isaac! You look so cute!" She grinned. "Come on twirl for me." she put her hands together, pleading with him. The boy chuckled and blushed but did twirl as the girl had requested. She snapped her fingers and hummed. "YES! Iconic. You look great! Let's go."

The teen had agreed to walk Ingrid to Tao's and back home seeing as she had never been there before and he didn't want her to walk back alone in the dark. During their walk opinions and quotes were shared from all their favorite books and the 15-minute walk seemed like nothing with good company. When they got to Tao's house Isaac rang the doorbell and a tall guy with crazy hair opened. Ingrid looked up at him and smiled softly up at him. "Hi." He seemed kind of awkward, just staring at her and blinking before stepping aside. "Uh, hi. Come in." Isaac looked between the two, slightly rolling his eyes before getting in and making his way up the stairs. leaving the two of them behind. Ingrid smiled sheepishly and softly said. "I like your beanie." before slipping past the boy and making her way upstairs. 

"Thank you for having me," Ingrid said, as Tao followed her up to his room. She didn't know Tao well but she always heard him. When Harry was being Harry, Tao would step up and she thought that was pretty cool. "Yeah, it's whatever. Just a turn to the right." He turned and went into a room, Ingrid following behind.

Two other people were in the room beside Tao and Isaac and Ingrid sighed with relief when she saw Elle. "Oh my god, YOU are Elle, of course, hi!" Elle laughed and got up hugging the girl tight, swinging her left and right in enthusiasm as she held her. "Girl it is so awesome to see you again!" Tao raised his eyebrow at Elle, wondering how the hell, Elle knew about Ingrid Hope. "She toured me around Higgs. She's pretty damn cool. Made sure everyone was being nice to me." Ingrid blushed. "It wasn't that big of a deal... besides you're in my class and I am desperate for a friend, please I beg of you, I don't want to keep sitting alone." She put her arms tightly around Elle's shoulders and the girl put her arms around Ingrid's waist. "I got you, girlfriend."

When the hug broke off Ingrid smiled at Charlie who was left. She had once had a tiny crush on the boy in her brother's art class before he had been outed. She still remembered the terrible taunts people would throw his way. "Oh! My! God! Isaac, I am so sorry, I know I said you're adorable but I think Charlie is the cutest one here!" She hugged the boy gently and smiled. "It is so nice to meet you!" Charlie giggled, a light flush on his face. This was his boyfriend's sister and she didn't even know. At least he had family approval, right? He hugged her back and pointed at her cardigan. "Thank you, I love your cardigan it's really cool. You're really cool!" The girl twirled around, lifting a leg up in the air to show her shoes as well before laughing and smiling. "Thank you!"

She took a seat in between Charlie and Isaac as Tao put up his Netflix, clicking the Shadow and Bone logo. Under her breath, Ingrid sighed. "I can't wait to see how beautiful Alina is in all her outfits, I bet she'll be breathtaking. " she then blushed as she heard the room chuckle and Isaac giggled. The series started and the room got quiet except for the occasional chewing of popcorn, offside comment, and laugh. Ingrid welcomed with open arms and offered snacks and drinks by everyone.

In the midst of the episode she caught Tao's eye and for the first time in, well ever- he shot her a tiny smile back. Something about that makes her feel warm. As if she had been handed a blanket she sat back smiling, basking in that glory.