5: School Begins

First-day jitters, I wonder if they will ever go away because if I contemplate it I haven't really ever not been nervous on my first day for, well anything really. Straightening out my uniform I plucked off some fluffs from my blazer. Fixing my hair in the mirror I threw a look at the clock. I could catch the bus or I could relax for a bit and ride with Ben. Making my way into the hallway I stepped toward my brother's room. Knocking before opening the door. "Hey, do you have a space for your little sister in the car?" My brother flinched and quickly shut his phone off before looking up at me. "Uh, yeah, sure but you'll have to walk from Truham to Higgs." Ingrid shrugged her shoulders at him and raised her eyebrow. "Yeah that's fine, are you okay? you look like I scared you." She chuckled softly and made her way to sit next to him on his bed. "No, No, I'm fine just a bit stressed for the first day you know, going to see all my mates again." Ingrid nodded understanding, looking up at her older brother she gently moved closer and hugged him, resting her face on his shoulder as she waited for a little, enjoying the unusual sense of comfort. "You know I love you right Benny?" Ben chuckled and ruffled her hair. "I know..." 

About 15 minutes later Ingrid found herself in the backseat with Harry and Ben in front, surprisingly, well at least surprisingly to her Harry had taken her apart to apologize for what happened at his party. Though it did all happen under the stern watch of her big brother. When they got to Truham highschool, Harry opened the door for her. Ingrid thanked him with a smile but before the nervous boy could pick up the chance to speak to her she ran off to greet someone else. 

Tao Xu and Isaac Henderson were standing in front of the entrance waiting for the rest of their group- No, trio, to arrive when the brunette came into view. Dramatically throwing her arms around Isaac. "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun." 

The boy began to laugh and hugged her back before letting her go, the girl found herself drifting the taller guy's way but when she caught his eyes it seemed as if time stood still. Instead of hugging or speaking the two just looked and smiled at one another which the first of the two thought was incredibly hilarious. "Hi." Ingrid softly said. 

"Hi." Tao chuckled and bit his lip. "Excited for the new year?" he put his hands in his pockets and looked down at the happy girl. "You get to have Elle all to yourself now for most of the day," he playfully bumped into her. "Must be like a dream, I'm going to miss having her by our side all day." Ingrid smiled up at him. "Well, we have movie nights right?"

It was surprising how the two had warmed up to each other, at least it had been to Charlie and Elle. They were oblivious, Isaac knew the look in their eyes all too well. The chatter between the two with Rosey cheeks. It was as obvious as could be. The conversation was not broken until Imogen appeared, taking Ingrid's hand to pull her along to school.

Ingrid though, caught herself looking back over her shoulder and quickly waving at the tall lanky figure of Tao Xu.