6; Thought takeover

Ingrid still remembered how it felt to be new, she remembered how she felt herself when she came to Higgs, She still thinks about switching to her brother's school now and again but that would only be possible from year 6th and on. Maybe she would, but every year she became less sure of it.

Sitting next to Imogen in class her mind started to drift, Ben had become more and more popular but the more people he seemed to be surrounded with, the less he seemed to smile. It didn't seem to help with what was going on at home. Mom and Dad had always seemed indestructible, but lately, their parents never spoke to them anymore, well unless they felt like they needed to reprimand their children. Father only spoke to Ingrid about the state of her room, the state of her grades, and how her dreams were unreachable. On the other side, her mother did seem to support her dreams but could never stop pushing her harder, harder than she could sometimes remember being able to do something.

Ever since Ingrid was small she had wanted to be a dancer, and she was, she danced since she was two years old and always did it with heart and soul. She was told she was the best by everyone but it was never enough. Lately, she had dropped out of dance since it gave her more fear than joy, and even though her mood and grades went up her relationship with her mother took a fast trip down the spiral.

She snapped out of her thoughts when Elle sat down, shooting her a quick smile, but in her head, she wondered if she could ever enjoy dancing again.

The end of the day rolled around and Ingrid started picking up her stuff to make her way back to Truham and pick up her brother before going home. She waved Imogen goodbye, left Darcy and Tara in charge of Elle, and before she knew her pink Docs already started to carry her the right way.

She sat down on a picnic table close to Truham, her music loud in her headphones, slowly letting her body move to the music, in the privacy of the abandoned school building. Stretching her arms, first position, second, seeing if she could still go on releve. Before she knew she went and slowly moved through the song. Until she heard clapping, turning around her cheeks turned pink and she swatted the taller boy. "Tao, has no one ever told you it is rude to spy on people?"

The boy chuckled. "No seriously, how long have you been standing here." The taller figure shrugged, his coat moving back on his shoulders. "A good two minutes." She shook her head and rubbed her arms, hit by the sudden cold. "How long have you been waiting?" She looked up. "A good 30 minutes?΅ The boy shook his head and hooked his arm through hers. "At this point just let me walk you home, M'lady." She thought about it and then shrugged. "Alright fine. Let's go."