❛𝐞́𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 ˖ ̖́-

⸻⸻

adjectif

⸻⸻

[1] Qui s'amoindrit et disparaît graduellement.

[2] Délicat et insaisissable.

If he had to describe his life in a single word, that would be... simple.

Felix grew up in a family of loving parents as an only child. His childhood was pretty normal, he enjoyed it to the fullest and behaved when he was in the mood to do so. He wasn't that much of a spoiled brat... just had his way when he wanted something so badly. Just like any other infant who craved candy before dinner. You simply have to have it.

But he grew up beautifully and his parents were so proud of me that they never failed to express their happiness to have raised a golden child. He was an A kid, a disciplined high schooler with high standards for a bright future. He had his days of popularity and was surrounded by friends who taught him about happy days and delightful moments along with mistakes and bad decisions in an unpleasant environment. Of course, Felix made some mistakes and lost some of the people that were once considered his friends with hidden intentions, but never blamed them.

Not because he never cared, but because he was too young, too naive to understand that not all people are the same and not all people are good and kind. Some stayed. Some left for good. Some freshly came into the boy's life, like the first snow on the last day of autumn. It's only normal to follow the natural circle of life. And he accepted a lot of changes while embracing the concept of maturity.

Then, he was accepted in the University he wanted, where he met the love of his life so unexpectedly. The young adult never knew what love was until he met him.

He never knew anything about his feelings and how they manifested in full contact with what is called 'love' until that man made him realize that a human being is supposed to feel so many emotions at once, even though it was hard to believe at first. But the overwhelming sensations that tagged along were there to prove him otherwise.

Felix never knew about his own preferences because he never questioned himself to that extent until his other half paved the way for him. He was welcomed with open arms, had both his body and soul embraced and made him face the absolute beauty he could ever see in his own self while looking into the male's calm, starry eyes.

It was love at every sight.

Their beings mixed so perfectly. One's stillness and patience have always had the key to tame the spontaneous chaos deeply seeded inside the other's. Felix was treated so carefully and was taken care of both emotionally and physically even on days when he couldn't understand or help himself that way. They were like... the college sweethearts that everyone loved and admired because they never actually fought and never broke up just to make up again. They were real and had something that everyone only wished to experience once in a lifetime.

Some may think that's a bit abnormal. How can two people get along so flawlessly? How could there even exist a perfect relationship like theirs?

It was a mystery for everyone. But it was an enigma that turned out to be as true as it could be.

Meeting each other, though, was far from being simple, but the love between them brought their lives back to normal once they started to understand and to accept their feelings, while Felix's mind was high on cloud nine and his heart was safely buried inside his soulmate's chest.