❛𝐫𝐞̂𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞 ˖ ̖́-

⸻⸻⸻

nom féminin

⸻⸻⸻

[1] Activité mentale qui n'est pas dirigée par l'attention, mais se soumet à des causes subjectives et affectives.

[2] Idée vaine et chimérique.

The door opens with a small, barely audible noise that finally steals the awful silence in the room. Jisung's dirty boots leave traces of dust and mud on the white tiles, while the droplets of water running down his leather jacket were the obvious sign that he got caught in the rain for a few minutes, from where he parked his motorcycle, to the front door of the hospital.

He looks exhausted, with his hair all ruffled in all directions and the prominent bags under his eyes clearly weren't a good omen. But that's the least of his concerns, when his eyes wander around the room and focus on the silhouette he deeply cares about.

His boyfriend, Lee Minho was standing in front of the window, lifting his hand from time to time to wipe the steam off the glass that blurred the view he thought he wouldn't get to see anymore. The view of a miserable city, way too sinful and ugly to be seen with excited eyes.

He seems way too caught up in his own thoughts and doesn't hear Jisung entering, until he feels the vibration of his voice so close to his ear, while a pair of arms is carefully wrapped around his waist, being hugged from the back.

"What are you doing in front of the window? You're not supposed to get up, that's what the doctor said."

In return, Jisung only receives a short sigh. "I'm fine."

"Aren't you worried that the wound might open again if you move around so much?" The male whispers and plasters a gentle kiss against Minho's temple.

Little did he know that his words were meant to stir something deep inside his boyfriend.

"I deserve it, anyway. For what I did." Minho shrugs as if he doesn't even care, parting his body from his boyfriend's warm, slightly wet embrace. "How can you be so calm and unbothered?" He turns around, capturing the other's gaze within a glacial stare.

"Hey, hey... don't say that. Baby, no." He murmurs under his breath and cups his partner's pale cheeks, carefully, though, to not cause him any more pain, because one of his cheekbones wears a heavy purple stain on it. "You don't deserve any of it, you know that... we— we just did what we had to do, in order to keep us safe."

Minho knew his boyfriend wasn't lying about their safety. Oh, no. He is well aware of the truth behind the horrible actions he had to execute, especially if Mr. Hwang was involved in this.

"Look, baby. I'm coming directly from Mr. Hwang's apartment. We had a small talk and by the end of it, he gave me enough money for us to finally leave this city for good. Just as we planned, yeah? Everything goes as we planned." Jisung flashes a shaky smile, but it wasn't his usual way of signaling the possession of a good mood. That was far from being his signature.

Their foreheads unite and Minho lets out a heavy, trembling breath, while closing his eyes the moment he feels the saltiness of his tears sting his clouded irises. Is it the relief of finally breaking free from their own cage? The relief of being left alone once and for all? Is it relief in the first place...?

Then, after a moment of tranquility, Jisung slips his fingers inside the jacket's inner pocket, taking out the white envelope. "Here, he kept his promise."

Minho's eyes open once again and sniffles softly. He wouldn't let any tears fall, but Jisung knew him for over five years. He simply knew when his half was happy or sad, crying or radiating with excitement without showing extra hints. He didn't need his actual tears as proof for the fear, the melancholy and the guilt that surrounded the poor male from all possible sides.