three

"So, when are you giving me some more nieces or nephews?" I turned to glare at Stacey who had been asking me this question for years now, ever since Nova was like two. She's five now for perspective. This bitch has been asking me this question for over three years now and she needs to cut it out.

"Girl, if you don't leave me alone and go bother Bianca." Stacey gagged as I moved around her to grab the kids' lunch boxes. It's been an amazing two weeks since we moved up to Chicago. We spent most of the time sightseeing in the new city, the other half of the time, we - me and Anders mainly - were unpacking and getting the house together. Yes, Anders had some furniture and decorations prior to our move, but it wasn't enough.

Now it's back to school time for the kiddos and my heart can't take it. One of my babies is just starting school - Nova - and the other is graduating from elementary school and is going to middle school - Elijah. My babies are growing up.

"You want more siblings?"

"Hell no," I answered while I started to place the same things into each lunch box. Half an orange, some grapes, a packet of Oreos, and a napkin. Though neither one would be eating lunch together, it would be an all-out brawl if they found out one child had something they didn't have. The only thing that can be different is the sandwiches because Nova is still in that picky stage, which I didn't mind cause I'm still a bit picky myself.

"So you see why I'm asking you for more kids." I rolled my eyes, moving back to the refrigerator to grab the sandwiches I made for them - Nutella and banana for Nova and two pepperoni sliders for Elijah - and a bottle of water and juice pouch for both kids.

"My goal was two kids and we got there. I'm not having anymore." Just then I heard Anders coming downstairs, talking on the phone to whoever very loudly.

"Anders!" Stacey yelled out, interrupting him without much of a care. He entered the kitchen then, the phone still pressed to his ear but his attention was on us. He looked good today, dressed in a navy blue dress shirt and dark pants. The tie he wore was one I got him for Father's Day. I believe it was the year before he started working up here more often. It was nothing special but I felt honored that he wore it.

"What?" He asked, his eyes taking their time on me. I wasn't dressed in anything in particular. I just threw on a sundress just so I could go do school drop-offs, which Anders would miss cause he has to be at work by 8:30 for a class he teaches at 8:45.

"I want more nieces and nephews," Stacey repeated to him, in less of a questioning way, more so demanding. Anders glanced at me but I didn't react. My main focus right now was to make sure my babies had a well-packed lunchbox.

"What did Harmoni say?" He asked after telling whoever it was on the phone that he'll call them back later, then entered the kitchen.

"Who said I asked her?"

"It's her body, her choice on whether or not we have more kids." Anders leaned against the island beside me as he addressed his sister again. "Me personally, I'm okay with whether or not we have more kids. We have two together. A girl and boy." I smiled to myself.

"But that's so boring." Stacey groaned. "How did it feel for you growing up the only boy?"

"I was fine. We had other family members."

"Yeah, Bill." I snickered.

"And, I had friends." Anders crossed his arms. "Ask Bianca to have more kids," Stacey grunted before walking towards the steps.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to go make sure my favorite niece and nephew are up for school and give them all the hugs and kisses before they go in." I giggled and listened as she walked off, leaving me and Anders alone. This has been the first time in a minute since we had actually gotten the chance to be alone - besides when we are sleeping - in a minute. It felt good.