𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍, 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝𝚘𝚗 (𝟶𝟶𝟻)

Whatever really happened yesterday you chose to forget about. You convinced yourself it was all just a nightmare. There was no logical explanation as to what happened or what that... thing was. On a bright note, you were finally getting more comfortable at Hawkins High. You made it to your locker and started switching out your textbooks into your backpack. Two hands rested on your shoulders from behind.

"BOO!" You jumped as the hands lightly shook you. The book in your hand fell to the floor. "Woah Woah Woah. Y/n, are you alright?" You turned around to see Steve looking very concerned.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just a little spooked." Your hand-rubbed your forehead. The ringing pain was back again and hurt worse than before.

"We still on for later?" Your hands reached your hair and the anxious twirling started. You never realized how beautiful his eyes were. They were a perfect golden brown complimented with flecks of gold around the iris. You finally snapped yourself out of your trance and readjusted your posture, leaning your back against the locker.

"Yes, of course. Where do I meet you after school?" You were bubbling with excitement but you knew better than to show it. You really wanted to keep Steve around.

"Student parking lot. I've got a burgundy BMW so if I'm not there yet feel free to wait for me by it." He flashed you his signature smile. You loved the way it lit up his whole face. It was the kind of smile you would see out in public and immediately be drawn to. Anyone who would notice him would be like wow, this kid looks like he's got everything pretty much figured out. It was one of the first things you had noticed about him.

You nodded. "Sounds good. I'll see you then." You hadn't noticed that your hand had dropped to your side. Being around Steve didn't make you as anxious as it was for others you were around, even though you didn't know him well. That has to mean something you thought.

Steve bent down in front of you. You were a bit startled and took a step back away from him. "Here, you don't want to leave your textbook lying on the hallway floor." He chuckled and handed you the book back. Your heart was racing. You shook your head in an attempt to shake the thoughts from your mind.

"Thanks. I uh kind of need that." You awkwardly laughed. You turned away from him and towards your locker to put the runaway textbook back in. Steve's hand graced your shoulder as he started to walk away.

"I'll catch you later." You turned around to say something back but he was already halfway down the hallway. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally after school. You and Steve were in his BMW on the way to the ice cream shop. His music was blasting and he drummed his fingers to the beat against the steering wheel. You were wearing his sunglasses after Steve couldn't stand to hear you complain about the sun in your eyes anymore. They were too big for your face but you guys agreed that oversized sunglasses were going to be the next worldwide fashion statement.

"You are going to be on the cover of every magazine out there," He joked, "Y/n Hargrove, changes the fashion industry!" He motioned his hand as if he was reading the headline on the front of a Vogue magazine.

"And then I'll move back to California and buy a huge mansion with all these rooms I don't even need and this huge pool that is way too big for only one person. Maybe my house will be one of the stops on some of those Hollywood Star bus tours!" You don't remember the last time you have smiled this much before. You felt so alive and free with Steve. You guys finally pulled up to the ice cream shop but noticed the line was fairly long. With no hesitation you hopped out of the car ahead of him. You didn't care how long the wait was you just wanted your milkshake. Steve quickly followed after you.

"I didn't realize we were in such a big rush," Steve exclaimed as he caught up with you. You both giggled.

After getting your milkshakes, the two of you sat down at a nearby picnic table. You sipped on your f/f milkshake. It was one of the best ones you have ever had. You stared at Steves trying to guess what flavor he ordered.

"What flavor did you get? It looks really good." You asked. Steve looked up at you still sipping through his straw.

"Butterscotch. The only acceptable flavor out there besides vanilla and chocolate." He continued to drink his milkshake. Steve was very confident in his opinion.

"Are you hating on strawberry? Wow, that's very low even for you." You teasingly rolled your eyes.

"Excuse you? What is that even supposed to mean." You held in a laugh. "Have you ever tried butterscotch before?" You shook your head no. Steve put his hand on his heart and made the ouch face. He then handed you his glass. "Come on you have to try it. It will change your life." You grabbed the glass and switched your straw over into his. You stared at him as you took one long sip and he waited anxiously for your reaction. Just like that, your eyes widened. Now, this was the best milkshake you have ever had.

"I actually think I'm going to keep this one over here with me and you can finish off the rest of mine." You gave him a big smile and tightly cupped the milkshake glass.

"Oh nuh-uh, you aren't." He reached across the table and snatched his milkshake back. "Nice try, Hargrove."

"It was worth a try" You sighed and continued to finish the rest of your now boring milkshake.

"Hey y/n, I have a question." You looked back up at him confused.

"Go ahead, I'm listening." Your head rested on your hand.

"So I feel like my girlfriend has been acting really distant recently. I don't know if I should talk to her about it and make sure everything is alright or if I'm making myself paranoid and overlooking it. I just don't know what is going on with her." Your heart dropped. Did he just say, girlfriend? This whole time you thought he was into you and taking you out on a date. You felt like such an idiot.

"Oh, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." That word stabbed you through your heart. You dropped your gaze from Steve shamefully. 

"Oh yeah, I probably should have mentioned it. I assumed you knew." Probably?? You thought. You could see the pity forming in Steve's eyes. He led you on this whole time and you had a feeling he knew it.

"No, I didn't." Your throat began to hurt from holding back tears. "But um, If I were you, I would probably talk with her about it or something." You wanted to leave. You couldn't stand to sit here any longer.

"Okay yeah, good idea. Thank you, y/n." The silence between you two was loud but you finally had the courage to break it.

"Thanks for the milkshake and everything but I really have to go. I have to be home to uh... watch over Max." You got up to leave and stood next to the picnic table. You still avoided eye contact with Steve feeling too ashamed to look at him.

"Wait y/n, where are you going? I can drive you home. It is really not out of the way and I don't want you to have to walk home alone in the dark."

"No, Steve, I can handle myself." You snapped at him. "Thanks for your concern." You made your way down the road, not turning back to look at him. The walk home wasn't very far from here. Anger boiled through you. He really had you convinced something was there. Stupid, Steve Harrington.