𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝙰𝚠𝚊𝚢 (𝟶𝟶𝟿)

No One Like You by the Scorpions blasted in Billy's car stereo. You held onto the dashboard for your life as he whipped around corners. The heavy bass guitar shook the vehicle. Even if you had told your brother to slow down, he would have ignored you. You and your siblings didn't say a word to each other during the wild car ride. You were all just trying to keep yourselves in your seat. Billy took out his keys once he pulled into the student parking lot. You looked over at him expecting to see him already out of the car, but he still sat there zoned off. Worried he was about to have a manic episode, your hand reached the door handle. The handle clicked as you pulled on it and you started to push the door open until you heard Billy's voice, raspy and deep.

"How did you get home last night?" Your heart dropped down to your feet. You kept your eyes on the door, hoping to get a chance to get out and walk away.

"A friend took me home." You stated as you shifted yourself to leave the car. Your brother grabbed your upper arm and pulled you back into the seat. You let out a small gasp. Shamefully, you continued to avoid looking at him.

"Are you really going to try to lie to my face right now?" He scoffed.

"Bill, A friend saw me in the parking lot and gave me a ride home. That's all." Even though your left arm was detained by your brother, your right hand still gripped the handle to the car door. You just needed a good time to make your escape.

"And does this friend happen to be Harrington again?" He scowled and tugged slightly on your arm, trying to scare the truth out of you. But this was it, the perfect escape. You got up fast and forced yourself through the door. You ripped your arm out of Billy's grasp. As you made your break through the car door, you caught yourself stumbling onto the ground on your way out and made a run for it.

"Y/N, GET BACK HERE YOU FUCKING BITCH." Your brother screamed. You glanced back and noticed him watching you get away from his reach. This was a win for you, but you would pay for it when you got home later. That is unless you found a way out of it. You finally made it within the halls of the school and let yourself catch up on your breath. What if I run into him during passing time? You shook the anxious thought out of your head. There were many other things you needed to focus on right now and your brother wasn't one of them.

You walked past Steve in the halls and noticed he was completely distracted with something in his locker. You were set up perfectly. As you walked by, you quickly gave him a light shove on his back. You glanced back at him to see his reaction, hoping to get a good one. Sure enough, he was staring back at you with his mouth open in shock. You let out a quiet giggle and headed straight to class.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You skipped gym class and headed to the school's darkroom. Yesterday after Steve dropped you off, you discovered your camera in a moving box sitting at the bottom of your closet. Upon further investigation, you noticed that the camera had film full of pictures from when you lived in California. You decided it would be a good idea to develop some of them to decorate your walls and were curious what you would find. Luckily, no classes were going on so you easily snuck into the darkroom. You used to take lots of pictures in California, so developing photos wasn't new to you. You got started until you were interrupted by a big-haired girl. She stuck her head in through the door.

"Hello? The girl nervously said as she stepped into the room. After glancing at her blankly for a moment, you decided that this girl had a perm. There was no way that volume and curls were natural.

"Hey?" You replied. Relief washed over you. You were just glad a teacher didn't just catch you.

"You are kind of not supposed to be in here. I don't want anyone to catch you and have to lock this place down during school." You let out an anxious laugh.