𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯- 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

It was night, Riley was still awake while drawing. Riley got out of her room to get a drink, she saw Sloane and Luther??  "Sloane?" Riley looked at her sister while being confused   "oh uh hi!" Sloane smiled awkwardly, she wasn't aware that her sister was awake "why is Luther here?" Riley asked the woman "hes uh" "I was seeing how she was doing." Luther smiled "mhm sure" She hummed, not believing anything "well, Nice seeing you Luther" "you too Riley. Really missed you." He replied back "what?" She asked "hurry Luther before anyone else sees us" Sloane said  with a giggle escaping her mouth"okay bye" After that Luther left from the front door

Sloane turned around "what?" "was he here the whole time?" Riley asked "yes.. where were you this whole entire day?" Sloane asked curious "I was in a car... a road trip" "with who?" "why does that matter?" Riley asked her "was it the skinny one?" She asked with a smile plastered on her face "No" Riley lied through her teeth, it was her business "Well, Luther told me he has been missing the whole day.. like you have"  Riley shrugged her shoulder " It must've been a coincidence" Sloane knew Riley was lying, but she decided to let it go "okay! Goodnight" 

___

Riley, Ben, and Fei were in the bird room where all of Fei's birds are. "we're getting tons of missing person complaint in a three-block radius. I was thinking hysteria." Fei told them "people are going missing? " Riley asked Fei, she hummed in response. "what are they up to?" Ben asked "who?" "the umbrella academy. Use your head number two" Ben replied to Fei.

"wait number two?" Riley asked "also the umbrella academy are up to nothing." Riley said "how do you know that?" Ben asked, Riley shrugged. "First Marcus, now they're grabbing civilians off the streets?" "Ben, how would six people kidnap every civilians?" Riley asked "are you defending the enemies?" Ben asked "I was asking a question, Ben." Ben scoffed "are you Number one now? You said I was number two." Fei asked "Marcus is missing. I'm taking the reins." Ben explained. Riley found it sad how Ben didn't care about Marcus missing, he just wanted to be number one. "So, you're just going to ignore that Marcus is gone?" Riley looked at Ben. He bit his lip in anger "I'm not ignoring it. I'm just- making..."  he thought for a second "arrangements." 

Fei and Ben had an agrument because Fei didn't think Ben could be the leader, that caused Ben to grab on of Fei's flying birds, Fei got mad and acted like she was in pain "Ben stop! You're hurting her!" Riley looked at the black bird that was screeching  "shut it" he said aggressively. The Birds started to act crazy by flying around and chirping as Fei used her powers "excuse me? Children, do you mind if I clean up?" Grace walked in the room"sure Grace" Riley gave her a smile, Grace smiled back.

"You know I respect Marcus." "of course." "I'd do anything to protect him" "Sure" "but we've been number two and three for far too long, Fei. With Marcus gone, its moving day" Ben explained "This is ridiculous" Riley rolled her eyes "how so?" Ben's attention was on her "Because all you two care about are numbers! Marcus is missing, possibly dead and you guys are just going to replace him?" She got  mad at her brother, he scoffed "You don't get a opinion in this, Riley." He took a step closer "You were the last one adopted, you think you can make me change my mind?" He was inches apart from her, Riley felt her heartbeat get quicker but she tried her best to stay strong. 

"So what if I was the last adopted? At least I have common sense." Her fist balled up, her knuckled were turning white and her nails digging in her palm "I don't think you do"  Ben clenched his jaw "You two stop being immature" Fei's bird stood on her shoulder "We're not- she thinks she knows every little thing." Riley pushed Ben away from her "Because I do" She unballed her fist, blood coming out of her palm from her fingernails pressing down on it.

"God took Marcus" Grace said randomly as she cleaned the room "what?" Riley asked, she looked at the robot woman "god is in our basement and called Marcus home" Riley didn't believe Grace, it was too weird to be real. God? "did you know that Riley? Hmm?" Ben looked over at her adopted sister "screw you" Riley ran away from the two, she hated how they both forgot Marcus, she hated how they acted like nothing happened.