Prologue

A/N~ Okay, real quick. Thank you, whoever you are, for reading No Matter What You Do, Stick with the Pack. You are a huge help in my effort to to get published someday. After this goes through some Beta readers and editing, I am going to offer it as a free ebook on Smashwords, so if it's not to much trouble please give me your honest feedback, tell me what you want in this story. After you're done, visit http://beccalathorn.weebly.com/thank-you-with-your-help-with-stick-with-the-pack.html to get a treat from yours truly! Again, thank you for your help! 

~Becca.

                   Even without being aware of the major change that was about to occur, I knew I need to get out. Maybe it was a twitch under my skin, or something on the tip of my tongue, but all the sudden I felt like the room was way too crowded. Without really realizing what I was doing I casually slipped out while everyone was paying attention to the movie and into my room. Behind me I heard no complaints, everyone was so focused on the TV that they might not have even known I was gone.

            Right when I got in I hit the floor. It started in my chest, this ball of scorching heat, almost like it was going to burn a hole through heart. I wanted to scream but my throat was paralyzed with the pain. The ball expanded and grew like shattered glass running in my veins. Then I wasn’t in control of my own body as my limbs thrashed around on the floor. With all that was going on I didn’t even notice the fur growing from my skin, or the teeth ripping from my gums. I shut my eyes tight to try to combat the confusion.

            When everything settled, and the pain was gone, it was really weird. I mean, I knew I was in a body, I just didn’t know who’s. Or what’s to be more precise. With some careful panting, I looked up to my full sized mirror and did a double take. In the reflection staring at me was a wolf. Covered head to paw in a stunning sliver pelt illuminated by starlight that cracked through the window of my room.

            I blinked, it blinked.

            I twitched, it twitched.

            I moved my hand up, it moved its paw up.

            You’d think by then I would have gotten the picture. But it still didn’t quite click, my head was still fuzzy after all that pain. At least…until I looked down.

            So not cool. So not cool. So not cool.

            And then I heard footsteps down the hall.

            Seriously not cool. Seriously not cool. Seriously not cool.

            I staggered to get up on all fours and did it with surprising ease, as if I had been walking in this body forever. Without even thinking I jumped out of the window above my bed, which was thankfully already open, and landed on the lawn to the side of my house, which out looked the forest. Then I freaked out again. I jumped from my room, on the second floor of my house, and landed perfectly. Not even sore in the least. How does that happen? How did any of this happen?

            With lack of something better to do, I sheepishly padded over to the forest and looked around, hoping for some sort of answer. Didn’t help that I didn’t feel welcome in the slightest.

            But then I heard howling.