ix |Excalibur

•··············••✦············✼·············✦••··············•

𝘼𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧'𝙨 𝙉𝙤𝙩𝙚

Hello fellow Merlin fans! I first and foremost wanted to say a HUGE thank you to every single one of you who has read my work up until this point (just over four-hundred reads!) Every single time I look at that number I swear I think i'm dreaming! Another huge thank you to every single one of you that has voted on one or more of my chapters! These really help me out in understanding which chapters or particular parts you guys enjoy reading the most. Please keep it up! :D 

I am definitely one of those authors that loves to hear feedback, whether that be constructive criticism, praise or even hearing that you hate a particular chapter and want it re-written! I feel that a reader should be able to express their honest opinions when reviewing a piece of literature, and so I invite you guys to be open and honest when reviewing my work! If you love a particular line or scene, or hate how one is written, please let me know through the comments or even send me a message! I will always respond :D

I would also love to hear any suggestions that you guys have! If when reading my work, you think to yourself, "hm, what if Elara does this," or "it would be interesting for character development if this happened ..." please feel free to let me know! 

I hope that you guys enjoy this chapter! 

- Kat <3 

•··············••✦············✼·············✦••··············•

"Have you and Merlin made up yet?" Gwen leaned over and whispered softly to Elara as the two girls stood together to the side of the throne room. Arthur was kneeled before the King in his official Pendragon red knights cloak and chainmail, as it was his official coronation.

Elara shook her head firmly, "absolutely not."

"Surely you two have to make up soon," Gwen encouraged hopefully, "it's not like you two to go a day without speaking to each other."

"Sorry, Gwen, not this time," Elara responded adamantly, keeping her eyes locked on the King who stood facing his son on the dais. Her and Merlin hadn't said one word to each other in the week since their argument, and Elara certainly wasn't going to be the one to initiate their reconciliation. Not after how Merlin had insulted her the way he did.

In their hands, the two girls held silver brass bowls of red berries and apricots, which they had been instructed to offer to the many official guests once the celebrations began.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this Kingdom and its dominions according to the statutes, customs and laws laid down by your forebears?" the King's voice echoed its deep dominance as he addressed his son.

"I do, Sire."

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgements?"

"I do, Sire."

"And do you swear allegiance to Camelot, now and for as long as you shall live?"

With his right hand, Arthur gripped the King's sceptre firmly as he prepared to take the oath, "I, Arthur Pendragon, do pledge life and limb to your service and to the protection of this Kingdom and its peoples."

The King reached over and picked up the Prince's crown. "Now, being of age and the heir apparent, from henceforth, you shall be crown Prince of Camelot." The entire throne room erupted in wild applause, as the golden crown was placed on Arthur's head.