Drowning Petals (Tommy angst)(2/?)

Wilbur POV

Wilbur couldn't bite back the annoyance he felt as he logged onto his computer. Why right now? Especially when he had important work to do. He had songs to write and music to come up with. But no, instead he was being dragged into a call that had deemed itself important.

Clicking on the discord channel, he hopped into the call. Rolling his eyes, he realized he was the first one. Couldn't be that important, could it? He tapped his fingers on the desk as his mind drifted else where.

It was only when a ding drifted through the call that he was brought out of his trance. "Hey Wil." Came a monotone voice, exhaustion slipping through his speaker.

"Hey Techno." Wilbur responded shortly. He didn't even attempt to hide his annoyance.

"Do you know what this is about?" the brunette continued causally, attempting to discover his own answer.

Returning to tapping his fingers once more, Wilbur wished he had an answer. "I don't know, Tommy just said it was important." He shook his head. "He could have picked a better time at least."

Techno hummed in agreement. "Have you officially asked Tubbo yet?" 

"I was actually going to do that today." Wilbur commented. At least he could use the call to his advantage. 

Another person joined the call, sending a ding through everyone's headphones. "Am I late?" the man asked, puzzled as to why Tommy wasn't there.

"Early actually." 

Phil paused. "Didn't Tommy call the meeting?" 

"Yup."

There a second of silence before two more people joined. One of them was coughing violently, seemingly coughing up a lung. Wilbur rolled his eyes. Did Tommy always have to be so dramatic? "Tommy, we've been waiting for ages." he groaned.

The blonde cleared his throat, gasping for a breath. Wilbur raised an eyebrow. Wasn't that a bit too much for a dramatic entrance? "Sorry." he apologized, sending the first red flag. His voice was hollow and raspy, like it hadn't been used for days.

"What did you want Tommy?" Tubbo asked abruptly, seemingly just as annoyed as Wilbur.

Tommy coughed again, even more violently than before. Staring at his screen, Wilbur could feel his heart begin to race. Tommy would never do this. Something was wrong. "Are you alright Toms?" he questioned, feeling his brotherly instinct kick in.

"No I-" he began.

"Oh come on Wilbur, Tommy is just being dramatic like always." Tubbo exclaimed. "Tommy if you had something to tell us, now would be a great time."

Wilbur felt guilt pool in his stomach. Why were they treating Tommy like this? The boy had done nothing wrong. Shaking his head, he could feel his blood begin to boil. "Tommy, do you need me to come over?"

Tommy didn't reply. Panic clawed at Wilbur as he pushed his chair back. A million thoughts raced through his head. What if he was hurt? How could they be so cruel? He stood up, pausing when he heard a groan.

"I'm coming Toms, hold on." He was about to leave the call when he heard a snicker. Glaring, he couldn't stop the words that fell from his mouth. "He's your best friend Tubbo." Wilbur didn't wait for a reply before leaving the call. 

The brunette rushed to get ready, pulling on his shoes and grabbing his keys. His heart continued to pound at the thought of what was happening. He could only hope Tommy was okay. 

He had a lot of apologizing to do.

------

Hope you liked it!

Thank you for 26.8K!!

Feel free to request!

Hope you have a wonderful day!