3 ⋆ ✭ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 ✭ ⋆

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing 00:03 —⬤──────────── 00:25

00:03 —──────────── 00:25

Brielle's eyes skimmed around the cafeteria in anxiousness.

It was crowded, and she had no idea where to sit.

With her book bag on her shoulder, she carefully held her food-tray in the two of her hands.

The lunch provided at the school looked delicious! It was a lot better than what was served at the public schools she used to attend.

The setup of the cafeteria was also wonderful!

It was like the inside of a rest-stop or the food court of a mall! A variety of snacks to choose from were set against walls in individual columns, and drinks, fruits, and vegetables were kept in open-air-coolers keeping them fresh and chilled. Hot meals were stacked on counters, about five different options to pick from, utensils at the end of the rows of food.

Brielle had decided on a chicken salad, with a glazed donut as one side, the other some type of garlic-bread chips. For her drink, she just grabbed a bottled water.

She spotted an empty table in the corner of the cafeteria, by large windows that covered an entire wall. Glass doors were placed in the middle of the windows, leading out to the courtyard.

Brielle walked over, placing her tray against the table, slipping her bag off of her shoulders, which were sore from the weight.

She sighed, holding the back of her skirt as she sat.

Oh, how Brielle couldn't wait to dig in!

She reached into the lower pocket of her bag, taking out a hand sanitizer.

Flipping the lid of the substance, she opened one of her palms, using her other hand to squeeze out a small amount of the gel onto it.

She then closed the lid, dropping it back into the pocket of her bag, before rubbing the two of her hands together. Brielle's fingers collided together, making sure that it was spread throughout her hands.

As her eyes scanned around the cafeteria, it was then that she realized she was one of the few people sitting by herself.

Everybody had at least one person to converse with, and there she was all by herself.

Her lips twisted sadly.

Why did it matter that she had no friends?

After all, it was only the first day! She would have plenty of time and opportunities to make them, so why worry about it now?

Brielle let her eyes drift away from the students sitting around her, instead looking out the windows into the courtyard.

What was there not to love about this school? Brielle thought.