14 ⋆ ✭ 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥 ✭ ⋆

Trigger Warning: Suicide

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing
00:14 ────────────── 00:25

Maurice's leg was bouncing.

Bouncing quick.

It was Monday. Also another day in homeroom.

Brielle's head didn't move as she glanced at his foot, the limb's constant taps on the ground causing quakes to erupt beneath her chair due to their desks' close proximity.

She was getting more and more irritated the longer she stared at his action, Maurice unaware of this disruption he was causing.

Looking back at Mr. Allen who spoke, Brielle let out a quiet sigh, her fingers fiddling with the gold bracelets on her wrist, while Maurice continued to repeatedly tap his foot on the ground, Brielle shaking in her seat.

No longer able to take any more of the torturous act, Brielle's head gently turned to face him, the curls of her half-up-half-down hair swishing as her eyes reached for his.

Feeling her stare, Maurice momentarily glanced at her, his eyebrows raised and bottom lip in his mouth, Brielle's gaze on him seemingly breaking him out of the act.

He was quick to pull his eyes away from hers, and focus them on his desk. Yet, he gave her just enough time to see the the pinkness absorbing the white region around his green orbs.

Enough time to identify the clear gloss layering his vision, the substance twinkling in the light.

And it was enough time to notice the saddened expression etched onto his face, his foot now settled on the ground.

Brielle's lips curved down into a frown, watching as he avoided her gaze, his forearm raising from off of his desk, and hand coming in contact with his eyes. His fingers roughly rubbed over them, before his hand slid down his face, his thumb pressing against one cheek, and other fingers pressing against the other cheek, palm covering his mouth.

"What's wrong?" Brielle asked quietly, the motions of her fingers pausing against her bracelets, her voice low, careful not to catch the attention of Mr. Allen.

Maurice pulled his face away from his hand, turning to look at Brielle, his eyebrows still raised as his eyes briefly scanned around her features.

He could see the concern she had for him. It was distinct across her face. With her thick brows slightly furrowed, plump lips in a slight pout, and shoulders that were turned towards him, it was obvious that she could tell something was wrong.

He met her gaze.

"Nothing." He lied, his tone soft as he looked away, once more hiding his face behind his hand.