8 ⋆ ✭ 𝐀 𝐇𝐮𝐠 ✭ ⋆

His Bliss - ▶︎ Playing 00:08 ────⬤────────── 00:25

00:08 ────⬤────────── 00:25

Maurice walked around Brielle, her body spinning around to face his back.

His fingers pulled at the velcro of his umbrella, the black cloth of the umbrella twisting out of its tight form as it unraveled. His palm gripped the metal, fingers stroking up the stem of the umbrella allowing the canopy to spring out.

He placed his hand on the handle, holding the umbrella over his head and stepping into the rain, before turning his side to Brielle, his head shifting to fully face hers.

She stood under the hood of the school roof, uncertainty evident in her brown eyes.

The umbrella was fairly large for him, but for two people, Brielle wasn't sure if that would work.

"Are you sure this is alright with you?" Brielle asked gently, caressing her arms.

Maurice nodded, "Yeah."

Brielle glanced away from his kind eyes, gazing warily at the rain.

A sudden bolt of thunder struck the ground, a bright light reflecting against her eyes for barely a second.

Her arms unfolded, both of her hands running down her wide hips, stopping mid-thigh.

Timidly, she stepped beneath the umbrella with Maurice, each speck of rain smacking loudly against the umbrella.

Brielle leaned her head towards Maurice, heavy water drops slowly saturating her cardigan.

"Are you getting wet?" Maurice asked, carefully holding the handle of the umbrella, trying to make sure Brielle was covered.

"Only a little bit." Brielle admitted, her shoulder drenching with water.

Maurice stepped closer to her, their arms touching. He gulped slowly, nervousness resettling in the pit of his stomach.

Through the thin fabric of their clothes, Brielle could feel the warmth of his body radiating off of his flesh, in contrast to her cold skin.

She shuffled a bit closer, abusing the heat that he provided.

"Are you still getting wet?" Maurice asked, his eyes carefully scanning over Brielle's body.

"No. Not anymore." She lightly smiled, watching the rain that cascaded down the canopy of the umbrella.

"Sorry about that." He apologized, his tongue darting out of his mouth, licking his punch-pink lips.

Brielle glanced back at him, "It's fine." She said, "It's my fault anyway—for not standing right under the umbrella."

Maurice didn't respond, his eyes frozen on hers for just a second.

And it really was just a second.