III.

The eyes of the guy looked soulful at the mirror. I cringed at the thought that this is me. I touched my chin as I moved my head sideways.

"Like it?" Mom asked, putting down her makeup kit. My eyes were enhanced to see every detail. My cheekbones were enhanced as well. I was wearing a thorn crown and a violet cape. I was wearing royal clothes and shoes.

"Yes," was all I could managed to say. My mom told me to stand up and I did what she said. I was wearing a pair of black boots. I put on a smile as Purriet, my mom's assistant, clapped her hands.

I can't believe this is the day of the Parade. I was about to say something when someone knocked on the door. Purriet walked her way to the door and slid it open.

A girl about my age entered the room. She has brown hair braided on top of her head. Her eyes was enhanced with violet eyeliner wing or something. She was wearing a royal dress that hangs above her knees. Her cape was swung on jut below her shoulders. She was wearing boots like heels.

Though she looks familiar.

"Oh there you are," Purriet said, motioning her to sit down. She took a sit on the chair me. She looked at me and smiled with her pink lips.

My mom entered the room, smiling. I thought she was looking at me, but she was looking at the girl beside me.

"I see you've met your partner, Hayden," she said, taking a sit next to Purriet. Huh, partner? I thought it was a solo parade.

"Partner?" I asked, taking a quick glance at the girl.

"There has been some minor changes, including having a partner," My mom explained, placing her hands at her lap.

"Hi Hayden," the girl beside me greeted. Her hazel eyes meeting my blue eyes. She really looked familiar. She held out her hand for me to shake.

"Hi...." Reaching out for her hand.

"Ashley," she said, smiling. We stood up as mom and Purriet gestured us to follow them.

Ashley... her name sounds familiar.

"Do you know about what's going to happen at the Parade?" Mom asked looking at both of us.

"We are going to ride on top of those Riding Spheres, and they take us around till the end of the Parade, there will be three judges who will pick your opponents for the game-" I stopped when they looked at me weirdly.

"You study alot," Ashley commented, making my cheeks blush deep red. "Well as Hayden was saying- The three judges are Principal Hannibus Cian, Wendy Cian , the Secretary of Fighting Arts and President Krisimos." She said, continuing what I was saying.

Mom nodded at both of us as she led us into a Riding Sphere that had our name on it. We stood there as it begins to float. Mom and Purriet waved us off as Purriet gestured at her lips saying for us to smile.

Ashley held my hand as she looked at me. "You really don't know me?" She asked. I can feel her warm hand against mine. I shook my head ash she sighed. "I'm Ashley from Group B-5,"

Ashley Ashley Ashley. Suddenly, I remembered her.

"Oh, Ashley, you're the one in my class huh?" I said feeling completely embarrassed.

"Oh don't feel embarrassed Prince," I looked at her with shock. She knew who I portrayed.

"How, why, what, when-"

"Just a feeling that I'm Erastis, the Prince's very lover," she giggled at the thought. Her hands were still in contact with mine. I can feel my cheeks getting into a deeper shade of red, but I didn't argue.

The gate opened and we were at a beautiful, peaceful field that they must call The Red Field. It was like a meadow or some sort.

There was some kind of stage on the middle, a stage with three chairs. A floating stage to be exact.

A hologram appeared at our Riding Sphere. It's a man with crazy hairdo. His hair was as fluffy as a cotton. Colored green. His face looked smooth. His smile was like forced.

"Good morning Seniors, I am your Master Ceremony Speaker, Mr. Drand," the guy - Mr. Drand- said, "in any minute the Character Parade will about to begin, so hold on to your partner and give them a big smile."

I looked at Ashley and gave her a reassuring smile. She pressed her hands harder on mine.

The Sphere began to move forward and we saw lots of people at the field. It was like a stadium.

There were different characters that the student's portrayed. There were the mythological gods and goddesses, the people figure, the Elements and more.

I looked at Ashley and saw that she was waving her hand at the people. I copied what she did and smiled at them. The crowd cheered. I looked away from the crowd and there's one that really caught my eyes. The President. There were two people beside him. Principal Hannibus Cian and a lady that looks like the principal which I am guessing is Wendy Cian, the Secretary of Fighting Arts.

The President was looking at us in particular. His silver white hair, carefully brushed, her black suit neat and his face. He was smiling bitterly. He found a target.

I smiled back at him, trying to think why I did that. I was not the fighting type. But this is an exception.

I smiled at him and waved my hand. Ashley looked at me and gasped silently. I smiled at her and nodded.

The President nodded at my direction.

He found an enemy in me.