II.

The man at the hologram was maybe around 30 or something. He was wearing a white suit. His hair was brushed carefully. There was a flashing button beside him. Press to see message. Without hesitation, I tapped the button. The man began to smile and move around.

"Hello there, young man," the man began saying, "I am Zal, as you know, this land we currently stand on is named Gavan. Gavan used to be peaceful, but after the Fall, the president's mind darken and so he used children as slaves to do his bidding. But the last king's son, Prince Iroas hated the very idea. He was just like you, a child full of dreams. So he sneaked to the President's house and killed his son.

"He thought the idea was going to work. That if the president lost a child of his, he would probably change his mind. But the president beg to differ. The president was mad at the doing. He sent every people he has to kill the prince. It was a slaughter at that time. The prince's lover was killed, the king, the queen, the messenger, the best friend and all. They thought their sacrifice was for something, but it was just for nothing. Iroas was found at the forest and he was killed. Few months later, the president thought of something. He created The Death Game."

The hologram Zal breathe heavily. It looks like he is worried. It even looks like he is looking at me.

"If you are wondering why I'm saying this to you. I just want to tell you that Iroas was the face of Rebellion. But failed miserably. Now I want to ask you a favor, in the upcoming Character Parade, I want you to dress as Iroas and be the new face of Rebellion. That's all I can say before they find me."

The message was finished. I still feel confused about everything. I clicked on the browser and went to search about Iroas. But there was none. Nothing. It's like... he was erased from the world. A disgrace.

I swung around on my chair, trying to remember something. There are three judges in the Character Parade. Principal Hannibus Cian, The Secretary of Fighting Arts, and... President Krisimos.

Realization hits me like a rock. The reason why there is no Graduate coming from this room is because the President makes sure that person dies.

So if I become the new face of Rebellion, won't I be risking myself and everyone around me? Like Iroas.

I told the robot to get me something to drink. The robot went to the fridge and got me a glass of orange juice.

Wait a minute- I forgot about the Character Parade. I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door to find myself looking at a brown haired lady whose hair is curled at the end, blue eyes with light eyeliner and cherry pink lips. She was wearing a blue designer suit and a skirt. The words came out of my mouth before I even have to stop them.

"Mom," I said, not even bothering to let her come inside. She smiled at me warmly and nodded. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't we talk about this inside?" She suggested, looking around as if she's hiding from something or someone.

"Come in," I sighed, gesturing to take a sit at a chair at the dining table.

"I think we better talk at your study table," she said, making me even more confused. She took a sit at the opposite end, gesturing me to take a sit at the opposite end to.

"So what's up?" I said, trying to act cool. She raised an eyebrow at me and I managed to make a nervous smile.

"We both know you are a senior student, thus entering The Death Game," she explained, tapping at the table, making a hologram young man with a black sword appear. The man was just a boy my age. The man was wearing a crown and a cape. But the creepy thing is, he doesn't have any face.

"Yeah, so?"

"And you know that I am one of the Head of the Makeup Artists," she explained, sighing. "And you're at Room 40, the chosen room for the chosen Prince."

"The Chosen Prince?" I asked, looking even more confused.

"The Chosen Iroas, to be exact."

"Wait a minute - who said I agreed to be your Iroas?" I said, looking at my mom.

"You need to be," she said, flicking the hologram away. "Well, if you made up you mind, I'll be at the Makeup Room." She stands up, walk over to me and hugged me on the cheeks.

"Okay, bye mom," I said, as her heels made a tapping sound. I walked away from the study table and jumped on my bed.

Sighing, thinking all about today's event. I don't want my life to be at stake, but the look on the freshmen was so innocent, so naïve. I decided to take a sleep and think about the desicion tomorrow.

~•~

I woke up when I saw a flashing light from the dining table. I was so hesitant to stand up, but decided to see what was that. The flickering light was a message.

"They found me - Z"

I'm so confused at what that message was about. Those three words and one letter initial. Z? Zal. I wonder who did it. Nope I'm not wondering, it's the President.

I look at the time at the table. 5:47. I guess I should probably not sleep. I took one of the books from the shelf. The Character Parade.

I opened the book and looked at the table of contents. I went to the page on what I want.

"The Character Parade is a parade in which the seniors must walk on the Red Field. They would be dressed up, according to their stylist. They will be dressed up such as elements, inportant people and characters they want to portay. But, some has been recorded to portay rebellious characters. The Red Field is the place where the Seniors would walk on. The Red Field was said to be the place where a Fictitious person was killed. The Fictitious person who was killed was said to be the last prince of Gavan, which no one knows the name."

I sighed, taking all the information in. I went to another page and kept reading. After a few moments the lights turned on. The lights will lighten when it is Waking Time. 7:00.

I groan when I haven't realized that I need to go to the school's cafeteria to get breakfast. I grabbed my uniform from the closet and readied my bath.

The school's uniform is in color of black and red. It's like a suit. The necktie is red. The word Gavan is engraved somewhere in this uniform.

I wear my uniform and walk to door. I slid it open and put my card in my pocket.

~•~

Breakfast was done and we need to go to our stylist to talk about the Character Parade.

I breathe heavily and walked to the door with the name Irish Elthon on it. I knocked at the door, taking an interest on my shoes. The door slid open, revealing a lady with blue fluffy hair.

"Who might you be?" She said, with a natural Gavan accent. She eyed me carefully.

"I'm Hayden Elthon," I said, introducing myself. The lady looked at me skeptically and put on a weird true smile.

"Come right in," she said, gesturing at me to come inside. "I'm Purriet," she introduced herself taking a sit at the large mirror.

A lady came from the other door. She looked at me nervously and surpressed a smile.

"So, have you made up your mind?" Mom asked, placing her hand on her hips.

"Yes," I answered, breathing heavily. "I've made up my mind."