I.

I look around and saw my classmates looking at me. They may as well realize that I am one tough person to kill. As you can see, I'm living in Gavan, whereas senior students are thrown off into an arena or something to fight till they die. And I am a senior student. This sort of event is called the Death Game.

I'm in class B. There are 40 students, but grouped into 5. Only 5 students shall remain alive.

I'm Hayden Elthon, 18 years old. I have sea deep blue eyes and sandy brown hair.

I heard a loud call of my name. I looked at my left and saw Ms. Olivia looking at me like I did something awful. Ms. Olivia is our Class Teacher. She's those too white tall lady with weird hair dressings. Her hair is pink and looked like it is as fluffy as a cotton. Her lips are colored blue and her eye makeup are glitters. Her clothes are in some kind of suit. Pink suit, to be exact. And a pink skirt that is too tight for her.

"Hayden," she starts "come and follow me to see your new room." As a graduating student, we are given our very own room. It's a privilege if we lived but if we died, well... you know.

"Sure Ms. Olivia." I followed her to a dark hallway. The only sound I can hear is the jigling of her bracelets and the tap of her heels. I looked around and saw pictures hanging to every wall of a room. They must be the graduates. All of the rooms have pictures of graduates hanging but to the room I'm going, it has none.

My room is large for a single person. It has a king size bed. A shelf full of books, the books probably tell the history of Gavan, fighting techniques and stuffs that might or might not benefit the reader. As usual, the room looks futuristic. A robot that will do anything the owner says. A computerized study table, fridge full of foods and drinks, a hologram-style television and a dining table. I think I probably can relax the first few weeks.

"So this will be your room" Ms. Puckle says "unpack your things after the Grand Ceremony." After that she left without a sound.

The Grand Ceremony, a ceremony in which the principle welcomes the seniors and the freshmen. Principal Hannibus Cian will probably tell the history, the rules and the things to be reminded to the students in this ceremony. The prinicipal would probably just be giving out lies again.

~•~

"Good day, dear students!" The principal greeted everyone. "Welcome, for this is the first day of school! We would like to welcome the freshmen. As a freshman, we would like you to be observant, to be responsible and to be creative for you are the new batch of students!" The principal says out loud that got a round of applause by the freshmen.

"And as for our lovely seniors, welcome back. For today you are going to celebrate because you will never know what will happen the next few days, weeks or months" oh, but we know "And for now, let's start with the history of our beloved place Gavan!"

The history started where people used to be peaceful, nourished and protected. Then there comes the Dark Times, most people called it The Fall, because this was the time where civilization fell and rose up anew and worst.The Death Game was created afterwards. They probably think that if the best students survived the Game, the society would be better. But, nothing happened.

After the history is explained, Senior Classes were divided. It started with F up to C.

"Okay so right now we are going to divide Class B. As of now, there are 40 students in that class. And we have to divide them into 5. If your name is called please make your way to the stage so that everyone can see and know you"

The principal calls the first student to be placed in the first group. "Sheila, from Room 39." Realization came to me like a buzzer bee. First, every student got their student number by their cabin number, which is their room number. Second, I'm from Room 40.

"Hayden, from Room 40," I walk up to the stage, not nervous. I look at them, the faces of the students who might live, or might die. I bow my head and exit the stage. I received a round of applause which I return with a smile.

The introduction is close to the end, until a lady from group 5 walk up the stage. "Ashley,from Room 63." She looks so innocent with brown eyes, brown hair and slim body. She exits the stage without bowing, it's cool but kind of disturbing.

I walked to her and she looks at me like, she's questioning me. She managed to smile at me. Her pink lips went upward to a curve to make a smile.

"Hi," she greeted and walked away. Something about her is quite different. I keep on looking while she walks away from the place.

I sighed and walked away as well, towards my room. The door slid open as I flashed the Student Card. I looked around and took a book from the shelf. I started reading Weapon to Use and Battle Strategies.

After I read the books, I sat on the chair of my study table. Apparently, the study table has a built-in computer. I touched at the option on the table. I slide on some pages and went on the internet browser. There's a recent page. I tapped the page and saw that it has a note.The note came to a view of a hologram man. It's a message.