2

Bettys POV
I was in my bed as I groaned and rubbed my eyes I sat up and went downstairs and saw a note from my dad, I heated up some food as I took my pills for the day and I sat at my table. As I did I looked around and thought for a second and suddenly saw the boy again.

He shouted at me "how can you see me!"

I gulped and stepped back saying "don't hurt me please..."

I gulped and stepped farther back as suddenly I gasped as my pills fell. I panicked and grabbed the bottle and began shoving them back in as suddenly I saw him trying to grab one but he couldn't, he frowned and I pushed them back inside.

We looked at one another and I said "thank you..."

He smiled and I said "your...what are you? A ghost? A demon?"

He shrugged and I said "what's your name?"

He said "umm...my folks used to call me Jughead but my...my real name is Forsyth Pendleton Jones the Third."

I laughed and said "it's a cute name..."

He smiled and I smiled back.

I frowned and said "I'm sorry for being scared..."

He said "I don't know how you can see me..."

I shrugged "well... people call me crazy actually because..."

I sighed and got up and he got up with me and I sat on a chair. He sat on the edge of the table looking at me.

I said "my dad and I move around a lot...growing up has been hard...my mom died when I was born and I was born...a bit brain dead..."

I laughed rubbing my head and he scoffed and I said "but I'm perfectly...well somewhat healthy? I see things that aren't their all the time...but now I'm imagining a realistic fake boy...your definitely not the boy I saw from the other side...he was cute with bright red hair...a cute smile maybe a freckle or too?"

Suddenly he frowned and began dimming.

I said "no don't go!"

He saw me and I said "did I say something to make you sad?"

He frowned and I saw his hand and tried grabbing it but my hand went through his. I frowned and he disappeared as I saw my dad come through the door.

He asked me "sweetheart you okay?"

I nodded and he said "thankfully it was nothing major...you ready to get to your therapy session?"

I nodded and said "let me just change first."

He nodded and I said went to my room.

I was with my therapist Ms Burble as she said "alright...so since this is our first session together tell me a bit about yourself."

I said "well I..."

I gulped and played with my hands as she said "let's start off with the move, thoughts?"

I shrugged saying "it's normal, I'm happy for my dad...I don't usually stay in one place and make friends easily..."

She said "and about the...thoughts?"

I said "well whenever I tell someone about my condition...they call me a freak but...I have my dad and my stuffed cat he got me when I was five! Honestly my dad is the one to keep me on a healthy road path."

She smiled and said "any boys you've thought of?"

I laughed saying "well there was this one boy Jake I had a crush on back in New York...but he was with someone already and it kinda made me sad but...I had my dad help me through it, he's very understanding and tells me everyday how much he wants to protect me. My mom would've wanted that..."

She smiled and I smiled as she said "dealing with the loss of your mother..."

I said "I really wish I had one to be honest...it would be nice to feel that but my dad makes up for it so I'm not mad about that...or sad about it. I just wish things were different you know?"

She sighed and said "so back to the subject of boys...are there any here you like?"

I nodded and said "since I'm new I don't know many new people. But there's a boy next door to me and he's really cute...but..."

I gulped and she said "any other boy?"

I frowned and said "no...no other boy...umm and this isn't creepy...where's the graveyard here? I like to pay my respect so the things I see disappear once I pay my respects..."

She smiled and I smiled as she gave me the location. After our session and after my dad dropped me off I sat in the cemetery as I lit some sage. I sighed and left a flower and shut my eyes as I gave a small prayer and burnt out the sage. Suddenly I saw the boy and he saw me.

I smiled saying "hey..."

I stood up and he said "I saw you...just wanted to check in on you."

I smiled and said "I'm just giving my blessings..."

He nodded as suddenly I saw someone behind him but it was just a light...I looked around and saw more and more and I gulped and began breathing faster.

He said "hey..."

He was closer to me and said "just look at me and breathe..."

I nodded and slowly breathed in and out and I soon opened my eyes and looked around seeing nothing but him, he smiled and I smiled back.

He said "come on."

He began walking and I followed him, I saw him walking through places and all.

I laughed saying "that's funny..."

He smiled and suddenly he stopped and I saw the grave as it read

Here Lies Forsyth Pendleton Jones the Third a loving son that will be missed.

I gulped and he said "I told you..."

I said "but how can I see you..."

He shrugged "I'm still trying to figure that part out...for myself."

I smiled saying "don't worry I guess...if you come back home with me maybe we can figure this out?"

He nodded and smiled as I smiled back.