Kabanata 1

Kabanata  1

Babysit

"Pananagutan? Ano 'yon? Tumitig ka lang sa katawan ko, nabuntis ka na agad?" narinig kong iritadong sabi ni Laki sa kausap niya sa phone. Mahina ngunit naririnig ko ang awtoridad nito.

Peacefully sitting on the porcelain coloured sofa, I had tried to focus my attention on the television screen, watch the show, movie, whatever, and just ignore Laki from the corner of the living room, his one elbow was leaning against the windowsill as he frowned in disapprobation.

Looking good in his stance, along with his charismatic presence. Again, I ignored it.

It's been three days since my brother left and went to Philadelphia for work, and ever since that day, I hadn't seen Laki went out of his house, he was here the whole day, from the past days with my older brother's absence. Well, sometimes he stayed in his room and left the door wide open, the reason why I could completely see what was going on in there. It felt like, I was so much welcome to interrupt and invade his personal life?

Nothing. He was just sleeping, or doing his works at home on his working table with his expensive laptop, important papers and a ballpoint pen with black ink in it.

Why would I think of something else? No, I was not. It would only bring the anxiety back in me. I should avoid those malicious thinking that would cause harm to myself.

Grabbing the remote of the television, I bit my bottom lip, licked the dry spot off and changed the channel. I didn't know, I just thought about the movie as boring and humdrum, or not? Because I wasn't interested?

"Subukan mo kay Ruin, baka anak niya 'yang dinadala mo," he said, nakabusangot ang mukha at halos magkasalubong na ang mga kilay. "Franshine, listen, sweetheart. Are you on drugs? You're hallucinating. Walang nangyari sa'tin, okay? You're saying that you're one month pregnant? Hindi ko nga naaalalang magkasama tayo no'n, nasa Compostela Valley ako."

I tore my gaze away from him when I found myself observing every movements on his hard jaw. Right after that, at the corner of my eyes, I could see that he was staring at my direction while listening to the other line, uninterested and unconcerned was written on his handsome face.

He may looked playful sometimes, attentive and intensely seductive voice, but I guess, this time was different.

"Yeah, yeah, I've slept with several women a few weeks ago, pagbalik ko rito," was his nonchalant answer to the other line. "Pero ngayon, nawawalan na ako ng gana. Gusto kong magpakatino."

Then he hang up, and pocketed his phone in his pecan brown coloured shorts.

Did I mention that he was not shirtless?

Noong mga araw na wala pa siyang alam ay lagi kasi siyang walang suot na pangitaas na damit. Laging nakatambad ang kanyang maskuladong katawan.

Honestly, yes, he had the body with triceps on his arms and eight packs on his stomach.

But, what would I think about it? Gross. I just didn't have the guts to look at it, and that v-line shadowed thingy he got there whenever he was shirtless and wearing his pants loosely. I was afraid that his pants might fell off his waist because he was wearing it in a loose way, and that, the unmentionable part of his body would have its nice and unwanted exposure, if, and only if he was not wearing his undergarments.

Tahimik akong nanood kahit na nakikita kong naglalakad na palapit sa kinaroroonan ko si Laki.

Kanina pa ako hindi kumikibo at minsan lang din naman kami nag-uusap dahil nauuwi lang ang lahat ng pinag-uusapan namin sa wala, bigla niya na lang kasi akong tatalikuran habang mahigpit na nakakuyom ang mga kamay, nagpapakita rin ang ugat sa kanyang maugat na braso, at magmamadali siyang papasok sa banyo ng kwarto niya.