Kabanata 23

Kabanata 23

Stabbed

"File a case against Francesca."

Namilog ang mga mata ko sa narinig kaya ay nanatili ako sa aking puwesto.

Earlier, I was about to go downstairs that means I had to walk past the master's bedroom which was Laki's room before reaching the stairs. As usual, his door was welcoming, wide open. Who couldn't unintentionally eavesdrop? It was where he's currently making important calls, reading formal emails, and doing bunch of works that could be done online using his high specs laptop.

It was a sunny Saturday. He didn't go to his office. Weekends were his day offs. Day off where he was not actually resting or relaxing. His reason why he chose to stay here at home was that he's too tired to drive for himself. Look at the brighter side, he could drive for me back and forth. Then why couldn't he, at least for himself?

The past Monday was hilarious. Knockabout outbursts of Laki were uncovered. Started that time when someone named 'Mark' sent me a flirty message. What snakebite of a timing that Laki was borrowing my phone. He made the night chucklesome as he kept on glaring at me the whole time after he returned the phone to me. He was so grumpy, and glowering at me every minute our eyes met. Well, he intended to keep his eyes on me and the chances of catching his cold gaze were high. Even thinking of it, imagining the priceless expression on his chiselled face, I couldn't help but giggle at the thought.

Anyhow, what's his purpose on borrowing my phone?

"Daddy! Play!"

Back on my senses the second I heard a voice of a little boy coming from the other line of a call.

No one entered his house this morning. I was positive that Laki's calling someone. It was on loud speaker in high volume.

"No. Maybe later, little dragon. Daddy's working. Sit down," I heard an intimidating voice of a man from the call. Despite the intimidation, the owner of the voice was softly talking to the boy. "Ako na ang bahala, Laki. Mahahanap din ang nagpapakalat no'n," pahabol nito matapos kausapin ang bata.

"Thanks, Kuya." This time, it was Laki.

Kuya? Kausap n'ya kaya ang kaniyang kapatid na attorney? Base sa mga narinig ko ay maaaring tama ako ng iniisip. Magsasampa kasi s'ya ng kaso laban kay Francesca. Pero bakit? Ano'ng ginawa ng babae sa kaniya? Mukha nga'ng si Laki pa ang may atraso kay Francesca dahil sa mga scandal videos na kumakalat?

Ngumiwi ako nang iniisip ko pa lang na panoorin ang bagong kumakalat na scandal. Maaaring nasanay ako sa ugali ni Laki at sa mga panunukso n'ya. Pero hindi ko pa talaga kaya kahit manood ng mga gano'n. Iniisip ko pa lang ay tumataas na ang balahibo ko sa batok, pagpapawisan ng malamig at manginginig.

Pumapasok pa rin kasi sa isip ko ang mga nasaksihan kong nangyari kay Mommy.

"What happened to you? You're so concerned. You don't care about having scandal videos before," I heard that intimidating voice from the other line again. "Even if it's all edited."

"How do you know it's edited?"

Edited? Those sex scandal videos? I heard some rumours about it. From Ate Balm and Ate Dakota. They said that it was not Laki who leaked those videos. It was his women.

Gano'n na ba talaga kalaki ang kanilang galit kay Laki upang siraan nila 'yong tao? Hindi naman siguro sila magagalit kung walang ginawa si Laki, 'di ba?

Why am I having a gut feeling that Laki was also hiding something from me? Something that would really unleash the bad side of me.

Then I remembered Ate Soldi's statement that day she went here to confront Laki, and I overheard it. Fine, it was eavesdropping. It's because I was involved in their conversation, so I listened. After all, it's not that bad.