Chapter 9: Memories

"Don't lose yourself out there, Remember who you are"' Guidepost for detectives Chapter 12 Cause 3.

We return to a blank room with it's only source of light being a television screen. Julius is strapped to a chair looking at doctor's assistance in front of him.

L: So, you really don't have a clue where it is? Come on, I need you to remember more.

Julius: I can't, There's nothing much to even go off. I don't even know what it looks like?

Doctor: Jesus, Julius. Your telling me, you never saw anything off in your old house.

Julius: I used to be a FBI agent. I saw "off" shit almost everyday, and why you guys shocking me.

Doctor: Because that's what's keeping your heart from stopping. The guy stole your soul remember.

L: Which reminds me, How is Julius not dead?

Doctor: Well, it's possible for people to still live without a soul. The body would still operate like nothing every happened, but overtime you'll become weaker and die soon after. Julius, you've already entered that state. You need to tell us where is Pandora's Box.

Julius: I don't know! How many times do you want me to tell you that!

Doctor: Look, your soul was only a sample of that box's power. When he finds out isn't it's full power. He's coming for you and we can't stop him.

L: Um, What about your wife and daughter. You said they-----

L: Julius! The fate of humanity is in that box. Right now, I think it's the perfect time to talk about it!

Julius goes silent

L: Julius? ..........Sorry, I just got a bit angry. Please, we're counting on you.

2005

James: Ay! Julius! Are you coming?

Julius: Give me a second! I'm logging in this information.

James: Come on, man. Were supposed to be in this meeting half an hour ago.

Julius: Alright, I'm done. What's the director calling us in for.

James: Something new came up.

Julius: Wonder what that is.

Julius and James walk into a busy office meeting with other FBI agents.

James: Sorry for being late.

Director: That's you and Julius always. Have a seat, As I was saying.

The director turns to a projector screen.

Director: Okay Task Force 252. I'm sure you all are aware of the recent string of murders in the past weeks. Keternville's Police department has been struggling to catch this guy for awhile. So far he's done twelve people.

James: Do we have any leads?

Director: So far, he seems to attack family households. Killing everyone in the house. Guy wants to leave no witnesses. The worse part is there's no sign of force entry. No fingerprints, no DNA, and no murder weapons. The victims were found just dead.

The project shows the victims were doing normal activities. As their body is lifeless. One kid is still in the position he was in when playing with his kids.

Random agent: And how do we know they didn't just "off" themselves.

Director: Well, the autopsy of the recent few aren't done yet, but for the few we have. The doctors say they died of Natural Causes. However, what makes this a murder investigation. So the sick fuck sends his next victim to the police. Around April, the North Carolina Police department started to receive anonymous emails about their next target. He didn't put their name. Just their address. Every week he sends out that message. He doesn't seem to have a peculiar time of the week. He just sends it out whenever he feels like it.