Chapter five.

The Fisher Family

The drive all the way to the Fisher beach house, was so familiar. The smell and the scenery, all the same since last summer. Amelia rolled her window down, she watched tentatively as people surfed on the beach, in a couple of hours that would be her.

Steven continued driving until he turned in to the Fisher's drive. Amelia couldn't believe she was finally here, she gripped the edge of the window as she stuck her head out to get a better look.

Steven pulled up and pressed the car horn to let the Fisher's know they had arrived. Amelia spotted Jeremiah at the front door as she was the last to get out of the car.

"What's up guys."

Jeremiah ran to meet Laurel and give her a hug, as Susannah ran out to the porch. Jeremiah gave Steven a hug, as Amelia watched Belly get out of the car.

She observed the way the young girl was nervous around him, and finally when his eyes saw Belly he couldn't take them off her.

Amelia smirked as she gave Susannah a hug, letting Belly and Jeremiah have their moment. "Amelia look at you. You look even more gorgeous than last time."

"Thank you." Amelia smiled as she wrapped her arms around Susannah.

When Amelia noticed Steven talking with Jeremiah and Belly she went over to them. "Well little Jeremiah, isn't so little anymore. When did you start working out."

Jeremiah smiled at Amelia as he engulfed her in a hug. He lifted her up off her feet and spun her around as Belly and Steven cheered.

Amelia screamed as she held on to Jeremiah. "Put me down you asshole!"

"Say please." Jeremiah joked as Amelia started hitting his back. He eventually let her down as he started laughing.

"When did you get strong." He joked.

Amelia flipped him off as Jeremiah started chasing Belly around the front porch. Amelia fixed her hair as she looked towards the front door of the house.

There he was. Conrad. He looked just as handsome as she remembered, maybe even more.

He was pulling on a dark grey hoodie, as his eyes caught her gaze. Those damn eyes, Amelia always got lost in. She continued to look at him but got nervous again, as he slowly approached her.

"I think I liked you better with glasses." Conrad spoke as he had that stupid smirk on his face. Amelia smiled as she replied, "I only need them for reading now, asshole."

"I'm offended Princess." Conrad spoke as he placed a hand on his chest, pretending like Amelia's insult wounded him.

"I told you to stop calling me that." Amelia huffed furrowing her eyebrows, crossing her arms across her chest. Conrad laughed as he placed a hand on her head and messed up her hair.

She gasped as she tried to grab his arm but before she could get her revenge Steven called them over.

"I don't know about you guys but I think it's time for a Belly flop!" He yelled as he pretended to check the time on his wrist. Belly screamed as she ran around the back of the house, all four of them chasing her.

Jeremiah got a hold of Belly as Conrad and Steven got her legs. They swung her as Amelia counted down from 5.

"...3....2...1."

Belly landed right in the middle of the pool as they all laughed at her, splashes of water hitting Amelia's skin. Belly swam over to the side and pulled herself up. "Hey Amelia can you help me!"

"Sure." Amelia replied as she went to help Belly, but as Belly came out of the pool she pushed Amelia in.

"Belly! You bitch?" Amelia screamed as she resurfaced from the water. Belly laughed and waved at her. "Come on. Connie could you help me up. I think I hurt my ankle." Amelia said as she raised her arm out of the pool.

Conrad made his way over to the pool side and took Amelia's hand as she grabbed on. But she pulled him down with her, to the bottom of the pool.

She gripped his arms, as she blinked and realised how close their faces were. She studied his face for a few moments, before slowing resurfacing with Conrad right behind her.

"Hey! We're not making the nickname Connie a thing." He said as he splashed the girl with water.

"Yes we are if you are going to call me Princess. There's no difference." Amelia said smirking as Conrad came over closer to her.

"The difference is princess is a hot nickname ." He sighed slowly looking at the girl. Amelia was left speechless and she suddenly became aware of how close they were again, her brain going all fuzzy in his presence.

However, before she could reply Belly called them over to come inside.

Amelia followed Belly into the kitchen where Laurel was unloading food boxes and Susannah was cutting lemons for her own homemade lemonade.

"Guys your both dripping water everywhere." Laurel said as Susannah laughed.
Amelia took a seat beside Belly as Susannah looked at them both.

"You both have always been lovely, but your both truly gorgeous now."

Amelia and Belly smiled at Susannah. "I mean it Belly your in bloom and Amelia your a young woman now."

"Belly looks just like you Laurel when we met." Susannah said as Laurel wrapped a towel around both the girls. "Just like me, but the difference is I didn't have boobs." Laughed Laurel.

"Gross mom!" Belly sighed embarrassed as Amelia laughed. "You've got great boobs too Amelia!"

"Thanks Laurel. Always my hype woman," Amelia said fist pumping the woman.

"Hey Belly you should ring your dad to tell him you made it here safely." Laurel said as she packed pasta into Susannah's pantry.

Belly frowned as she groaned, "Can't Steven do it." "I'm asking you to do because he misses you when your gone." Laurel replied.

"But he'll see us at the end of summer." Belly shrugged. "He'll be here for the fourth." Laurel replied as Belly looked shocked.

"What? He never came last year."

"Well that's because we were just divorced, but we're good now." Laurel sighed as she filled a vase of water for Susannah's flowers.

Amelia stayed quieter throughout the conversation not wanting Susannah to ask about her mother. It was a surprise to her that Mr Fisher wasn't here, but Susannah said he would be joining them all later in the summer. So for now it was just the woman and children, the way they all liked it.