Chapter eleven.

The shopping trip

Amelia had never been on a shopping trip with her mother before, ever. Thinking about it, it was probably a good thing as she betted they would have erratically bickered the entire time. It wouldn't do either either of them any good.

But she couldn't help the sadness she felt, as she stood outside a boutique in the centre of Cousins with Belly, Laurel and Susannah. She watched as Laurel fussed over Belly, making sure she was ok and if she had everything she needed. This was something Belly complained to Amelia about, that Laurel was too overprotective of her.

Deep down, Amelia felt embarrassed to admit but she craved motherly protectiveness. That's why she was so glad she had Susannah, she just knew how to make her feel better in that way.

She helped her pick out the perfect dresses for the debutante tea party, otherwise Amelia would of had no idea what to wear.  Now they all entered the boutique in the hopes of Amelia and Belly finding the perfect dresses for the ball.

Amelia felt overwhelmed entering the little shop, as rows of dresses lined  the shop walls in all different colours and sizes. Belly let out an excited giggle as she pulled Amelia by the wrist to go and explore their options.

Both girls picked three dresses each as Susannah ushered them into the changing room to model them for her and Laurel.

Belly stepped out first in an elegant white dress that had an enormous amount of frilled skirts. "No absolutely not." Laurel joked as she raised her hands covering her eyes. Amelia laughed at Belly because it truly looked like a wedding dress she was wearing.

Amelia had picked out a much plainer dress made out of satin, with only one long skirt. She could tell from Laurel and Susannah's faces that it wasn't the one. "Next dresses girls." Susannah called as both Amelia and Belly stepped behind the curtains again.

The next dress Belly stepped out in was a lot simpler. It had one long skirt and the top part was completely adorned with white lace and beads. "Wow Belly that dress is gorgeous on you!" Amelia exclaimed as she stepped out from behind the curtain.

Amelia's next dress was a bit like Belly's first dress but with two skirts. It had no straps as the top part of it was laced with pearls. "These dresses look gorgeous on you girls but they just don't scream you." Susannah exclaimed as she fixed the hem of Belly's dress. Laurel nodded her head in agreement. Belly let out a tired sigh as Amelia laughed at her, as they both went behind the curtain again.

A couple of hours later the girls were exhausted, Belly had decided on a dress that Susannah was sure made her look like a princess. Amelia hadn't found a dress but Susannah had asked her good friend at the boutique to order in a dress. Amelia trusted Susannah so whatever the dress looked like she knew it would be stunning.

When they had arrived back at the house Amelia was in a hurry, Jeremiah had promised her a tour of the pool and was going to show her how everything worked before she started working there.

She headed up to her room and left the shopping bags to the side, as she started rummaging through her drawers. She picked out a red bikini and a pair of denim shorts, with a black shirt. After getting dressed she ran down the stairs, calling Belly in the kitchen.

"Hey have you seen the keys I can't find them anywhere?"

"Jeremiah took the car to the club, with Stephen this morning." Belly called back as Amelia made her way into the kitchen. She was tying her laces when she sighed, "Shit! That means I'm going to have to walk. I'll see you later Bells."