No. 6: Discoveries

A couple years ago, some day in 2014.

——

Valerie and her adoptive siblings were all standing in a line, shoulder to shoulder. Inside their martial arts training room, wearing the proper attire. Along with their trainer, Pogo.

"Just because, something is right in front of you. Does not mean.." Pogo spoke

He was walking behind the Sparrows, carrying a stick. He tapped Alphonso with it.

"Hey" Alphonso said

"It is within reach" Pogo continued

He continued to walk behind the seven sparrows.

"There is always something in the way" Pogo added

He walked out in front of the seven.

"Sometimes it is your opponent" Pogo said

Jayme and Ben made their way to the front, a bell was in between the two. Sloane and Valerie moving a bit to fill in the spots while Marcus, Alphonso, and Fei stayed in place. Pogo walked to stand on the side.

"Sometimes it is yourself" Pogo added

Jayme and Ben bowed to each other before standing back up straight. The two got ready in their fighting positions.

"Start the match!" Pogo spoke in Japanese

Jayme and Ben began to fight, blocking moves, kicking one another, grunting, everything. Kneeing one another, punching. They had switched sides but continued fighting one another. Jayme jumped right before Ben could knock her over with his legs. Ducking another one of his kicks.

She did the same to him but he was able to dodge it too. Ben was close to getting the bell, but Jayme yanked him back swinging him. Causing Jayme to almost be able to reach it. The two fought, Ben flipped Jayme over causing her to land on the ground.

She stood up, the other siblings were growing a bit worried. Ben attacked Jayme with one of his tentacles, knocking her down once again. Jayme spat her venom at Ben but his tentacle swung it away, nearly hitting Marcus and Fei.

Jayme kept dodging Ben's tentacles causing it to break something, in one of those attempts. Suddenly , Ben wrapped Jayme in his tentacles, taking away her ability to break free from the grip.

"You're gonna tap out or pass out. It's your choice" Ben said

Jayme's responses were muffled. The others were growing worried.

"Hey, it's your life" Ben spat

Ben tightened the grip.

"Ben! That's enough! Let her go!" Sloane pleaded

"Ben! Stop it you asshole!" Valerie exclaimed

Ben didn't care and continued to tighten the grip.

"Jayme. Jayme come on just, tap out" Alphonso said