chapter twenty three

The Fatui Skirmisher walked inside the academy office "Oh, you're back. Welcome," the woman said as the chair faced the window. "Jenny and Mika are dead. Should I tell the Tsaritsa herself or keep to ourselves?"

"hmm, if we tell the Tsaritsa, it would be like the last time we did that and we don't want her to threaten us, so we would just put this in a folder and throw a funeral."

"Problem, Ms, the funeral already happened in Inazuma with the Archon name Ei."

"At least they are back in their hometown but tell me what, who killed who, and when it happened."

"Well, Mizuki and Jennifer crash into this dinner party trying to fulfill their mission but fail, so Jennifer grabs the shotgun and tries to shoot y/n. Mizuki got in front of them and got shot, but after a while, Jennifer and y/n were fighting. Jennifer got a bit side track and ended up getting stabbed by y- sorry."

"Hm, get out. I need some time alone," the woman said as the Skirmisher bowed a bit, the tall male left the office and closed the door. He let out a little scream as Yun scared him "What do you want."

"When Mika and Jenny came back to the academy it had been months that they hadn't come back I getting a bit worried," they said as the Skirmisher tried to show no emotions but failed "Umm-"

"Jenny and Mika"

"Right, uh, the mission might still take awhile, so just wait," he said as he walked away "Oh okay"

--------------------------------------

As I woke up, my vision was a bit blurry. I looked around, and the man walking towards the bed sat down next to the bedside. "I'm glad you woke up. I was getting a bit worried," they said as they handed me a wet towel to wipe my face. As I did that, my blurred vision was gone, as took the towel off my face I looked at the male again and was heavily surprised by seeing him. I was going to say something until we heard a knock at the door "Oh, come in."

"Look, y/n is awake paimon is so glad you doing better," she said as she hugged me with her tiny hands "What happened? All I remember is that I killed Jenny and let her say their final goodbye. After that, everything was a blur."

"paimon remembered a guy walking inside the building and then passed out, but we all remember waking up at the resistance camp but also hearing that you got a terrible injury."

"but how did I end up here."

"kazuha carried you here, he and Aether took care of you while you were out," paimon said as she giggled a bit. I looked at kazuha as he gave me a gentle smile "your probably thirsty I will get you a glass of water."

"paimon wants to help, too," paimon said as they both went out the door. I couldn't help but giggle just a bit but realized that I was alone with Aether. Why does it seem like I'm always alone with Aether? They thought to themself.

"Are you feeling okay y/n" It was weird to ask that, but I had been asleep for a day or two and almost got killed "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm glad to be alive."

"I'm not talking about that, y/n." He said as he gripped the bed sheets the look in his eyes I placed my hand on his head and smiled at him but it faded away

"I know what you're talking about. I feel bad Even though they were on the fatui side, They were all running away from something they didn't want to face, i felt bad for killing Mika since she helped me with so much stuff, even though you expect that from joining the fatui," I look at Aether as if he agreed with me but deep down, he was trying to understand why I feel pity for Mika and jenny maybe he doesn't know that somewhat I live like that once but the memories wash over me.

"Can I ask you something," he said as I nodded. "What did Mika mean when she said you and her are like sisters? And were also raised by a spy" y/n turned to look at Aether with a shocked look on their face "..I was hoping you didn't ask, but I guess I can't keep in," they said as they looked out the window.

"After finding out that I was initially born and raised in Inazuma, from the memories that my aunt gave me I have been remembering my times and being friends with gorou, Kokomi, kazuha, and many more I don't know why or how I runway but all I remember is getting swept away by the sea and losing my memories thinking that I was actually born and raised in mondstadt, when I woke up the only one that took me in was one of the knights he was one of the higher-ups he was like a father to me but then I found out that he was not only part of the Fatui but also part of the fatui academy I heard that the academy is horrible and grim place but that what the other knight told me, back to what I was saying kaeya and albedo dig into stuff and told everyone about being a spy for the fatui the punishment was supposed to be to kick mondstadt out and ban him for life but that didn't slide for kaeya he took him far away I knew what was gonna happened so I followed them as soon as I got there he was covered in blood I didn't want to believe it so we fought. He saw the flames grow in my eyes I guess he was scared that I might become like his brother because he knocked me out before I even had a chance, I didn't care if the fake father figure I had was part of the fatui he was a nice caring person and I feel like deep down he wanted to forget about his past and raise as like I was his own I felt like I was the only one that didn't forget about him after that mess I got along with everyone and made lots of friends I know we aren't on good terms but at the end of the day they forgive me if I didn't run away I would have probably would have to join Kokomi and gorou side fighting the enemy side by side but I blame myself If I had met Mika when I was younger I would probably have stopped her from joining the fatui side if only I could go back in time"

the room was filled with silence until a knock was heard."come in," I said as kazuha and paimon walked in "Sorry it took so long paimon kind of made a mess," he said, giving me water "It's fine. As long paimon didn't break any glass," I said as I drank the water paimon floated to me and handed me a letter, "Kaede told us to give you this letter."

"Oh wow, it's from Kokomi," They said as they handed the glass to kazuha and opened the letter.

Dear y/n

I hope I'm not troubling you I want to say sorry I couldn't visit you to make sure you were doing okay but the great news is the framing in Mondstadt has stopped some Lady in red who found the missing items and gave them back to the knights nonetheless gorou and I got back to watatsumi island we began to look for clues about your mom and dad surprisingly we didn't find anything but that didn't stop us from looking so we ask the people that was part of the Sango Detective Agency and another one who that works alone I heard that they the best even the ones that work alone.

Y/n sighed a bit and fell on her back "If I could, I would steal Kokomi and treat her to dinner, or if the party wasn't crashed by Mika and Jenny, I would have spent the whole dinner party with her" I said getting up to look out the window aether came up to me and sat down

"So What's our next journey y/n" he said as I looked back at him

"Hmm Since the frame is over, I would like to extend this investigation further. This case might also be connected to my dead family. It also has been a while since I last saw Xiao, so my plan is let's stay here for a bit before leaving I'm guessing everyone wants to spend more time with me." Y/n said they turned around and saw Kaede walk inside the room"Ah Kaede how are you feeling"

"Oh don't worry about me hun I just got a little fix up and was ready to just go home anyways I came in here to tell you that dinner is ready," Kaede said as she smiled at us and Aether looked at each other and left the room to go downstairs to eat