𓆑𓇋𓆑𓆴𓆛

"What did you just say?"

Akhn stares at you calmly, as you glare at him after hearing the news.

"Soldiers from the lands of Tjehenu killed five of our soldiers"

Hearing those words is enough to make your blood boil in anger.

You are angry because those five Egyptian soldiers have families at home waiting for their return.

Now, those men won't return home to their worried families for simply defending their homeland against enemies.

Guilt mixed with anger and sadness eats you from inside.

And you that the only way to put out your fury is to teach the Tjehenu empire a lesson.

"Akhn"

"Yes, my pharaoh?"

"Tell Astennu to prepare the army" you announce standing up from your throne.

"Your highness, don't you think that this is a rash decision, after all, the Tjehenu ruler is nothing but a nighteen-year-old boy" you raise a mocking eyebrow.

"So, what? I'm twenty-two" Akhn sighs at your words

"Adding to that, I'm going to make an example out of him, so others think over hundreds of times before they plot against Egypt"

Those words escape your lips as you walk over to your advisor with a smile.

You stop inches away from him, even though he is taller than you, but you manage to intimidate him with your stare.

"A piece of advice, Akhn" you place a hand on his shoulder, walking around him.

"Just obey me when I order you, or else..." You lean towards his neck, your hot breath hitting his left ear.

"...I will punish you for your misbehaviour"

And like that you walk away from him, leaving him standing in the same position, with shock written all over his face.

𓅓𓃠𓅓𓃠𓅓

"I'm coming to war with you"

"No"

"But Hotep will go"

You stare at Qais with amusement, not understanding the reason why he insists on going to war with you.

"Hotep has to go because it's his duty towards his country" you assert sternly.

"Nubia and Egypt were always one, I think I have the right to participate in this war" Akshin points out.

"I also want to go, I will massacre many enemies with my sword," Kaveh says, as he looks at his sword with mischievous eyes.

You roll your eyes, before looking at Hanu who has not said a word since the news.

"What about you, do you not wish to come with me to war, Hanu?" The said boy looks at you.

"I don't wish for you to go to war in the first place, I don't think I will live on if something happens to you" Hanu admits with a sad tone.

Your eyes soften at him, while the others glare.

Qais sneers in disbelief, not liking how Hanu is acting up to get your attention.

"Don't worry, I know how to fight, also I want all four of you to keep an eye on the palace, Akhn will keep an eye on Egypt, while I'm at war"

"I will take care of prince Aten and princess Zahara, your majesty" Qais suggests.

"All right, I trust you with them, Qais"

Kaveh notices how Hanu's expression changes up to hear those words.

Meanwhile, Hanu is already planning on how to kill your son and firm it on Qais.

Little does he know that Akshin and Kaveh are already suspicious of him.