☆ Chapter 1 ☆

Harry sighed deeply. Starting to work at the ministry was probably one of his worse decisions. Nothing seemed to be right anymore. He and Ginny had been engaged for months now but marrying her felt wrong. He no longer wanted to be with her. It didn't feel right.

Hermione and Ronald were said to be happy together. At least, that what he got from Ron. Hermione didn't seemed to be too happy though. Which made Harry feel off. Was Hermione not happy with her relationship with Ron?

Harry leaned back, the ministry was not the most ideal job. One mess up and they would destroy you. Of course, with him being the boy-who-lived.. twice. He basically got this job for free. Being a ministry working in a certain department could be good for you. But ones like the muggle department, were shamed on, a lot.

Harry stood up, it was almost his end of shift anyway and he was content with going home. He lived alone, though he often went to visit Ginny, considering they had been engaged for almost 9 months.

Upon getting back to his house and changing. He then went to pick up Ginny so they could go out to dinner with Ron and Hermione. He knocked on the door.

She opened it with a bright smile, that almost looked fake. "Harry!" She exclaimed happily.

Harry smiled a little. "Hello Ginny."

"I'm almost ready to go!" She said and then guestured Harry into the house before closing the door. She then disappeared down the hall of her small house. Ginny had taken no time in gather up her own actual money so she could purchase her own home when it became clear Harry was not ready for them to live together.

After about 10 minutes of waiting Ginny returned in a nice blue shirt and jeans. She smiled and leaned up to kiss Harry, whom kissed back. "Shall we go to dinner now?" She said.

"Of course darling," Ginny smiled at the pet name and they apparated to the restaurant in muggle London. Harry did not show that the kiss felt completely wrong and had covered it up with the pet name. It had take quite a bit of time but Harry and Hermiome had come up with somewhere to go. They preferred going out in the muggle areas because otherwise Harry would be bugged the entire time. It wasn't much secret that he had two best friends and was engaged either.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed and hugged Harry tightly.

Surprisingly to Harry, this felt right. He hugged her back. "Hello Hermione."

Hermione let go and blushed a little, though she didn't show it much. "Ginny!" She had hugging Ginny, just not as tight.

"How are you Hermione?" Ginny asked kindly.

"I'm... great!" Hermione exclaimed with a slight pause. Harry rose an eyebrow at her but she didn't see it. "Ronald's already inside waiting for us." She said and turned on her heel, disappearing into the building. Ginny giggled and walked after her.

Harry shrugged to himself and walked in after the girls.

-SL-

Once Ginny had apparated home an hour later and Ronald decided he wanted to leave 15 minutes earlier then Ginny, Hermione and Harry decided on taking a walk.

"Hermione?"

"Yes Harry?" Hermione asked looking up at her best friend. Her first friend. She still couldn't believe that so many years ago, the once 11 year old boy had come to save her from the troll after Ron had bullied her. Yes, Ronald had helped save her. But she would never get the thought of Ronald being the reason she was almost killed that night. To be fair though, Dumbledore should never have had the stupid thing in the school original.