Chapter 1

There lived a couple, a husband and his pregnant wife. When the wife had given birth to their child, the child was a boy. But as they took care of the young boy they noticed that he got easily sick, and his movement was weak. And since he did not had the strong physique to do physical activities, he spent his day reading the books his parents could provide him. They took special care and watched over him more vigilantly. After 3 years, the mother had a bump on her belly which the young boy asked.

"Mama, why do you have such a big belly?" The young boy asked his mother quiet curiously.
"Hm? Why do you think mama's belly is big, Rui?" The mother of the young boy named Rui asked.
"Is it because mama eats so much that her belly has grown very big?" Rui answered thinking this must be why.
"Hahahaha!" His mother chuckled, she then continued "It isn't because mama eats so much, its because your sibling is in here".
"Really! Amazing!" Rui obliviously agrees.

After a few more months, the mother then had given birth to a baby girl. The mother was resting on her futon near the young boy. Like a normal child he was curious and went a bit closer to his mother and his crying baby sister. His mother then showed Rui his younger sister, Rui curiously raised a hand and moved it near his sister. As his hands hover a bit to the side of his sister, her small hand reached out and grabs Rui's finger and stopped crying. Rui's eyes shined and asked his mother if he could hug his dear sister. The mother allowed saying to be gentle and after hugging his sister gently she giggled making Rui smile and laugh as well. This scene warmed the heart of the mother who had been watching and the father who had just entered.

-------------------

"Ring around the rosie... Pockets full of posies... ashes, ashes they all fall down..." a voice of a young girl singing... something not everyone knows or even understood.
"Yuri, can you please help me with cooking?" a voice of a woman could be heard asking a the girl.
"Coming, mama!" Yuri the previously singing girl walks to the woman known as her mother.
"Can you cut the green onions?" Her mother asked while preparing an ingredient.
"Okay!" Yuri replied while washing her hands and getting a knife.

The mother and daughter continued to cook meals for their family. After they were done, the mother told the girl to help her brother out of his room so they can eat together. The girl then walks to her brothers room.

-------------------

The young boy in his room reading a book his parents had given him not to long ago, hears the sounds of jingling small bells coming near his room. He sets down his book and wait for the cause of the jingling bells. Then his door slides open revealing the young girl, his sister.  

"Brother, it is time to eat" the young girl told her brother
"Okay, Yuri. Let's go eat!" the young boy replied while being helped by his sister.

"Is the pacing right, brother?" the girl asked concerned that they might be going too fast for him.
"It is just right, Yuri" the boy smiled gently and patted the girls head.
"Tell me when you can't handle moving, so we can stop, brother" the girl replied concerned for her brother who was born weak.
"Okay okay, I'll tell you when" The boy responded knowing well his sisters concern.

The children arrived to the table with their parents already waiting for them, the children sit down and the family started to pray together and have their meal. The family enjoyed their meal and the children were sent to there rooms to sleep. As the children lay down on the futon, the young girl started to sing a song, it was something she did to sleep more easily while the young boy enjoyed the beautiful melody that his sister sang every night despite not understanding what she was singing.

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I wonder what you are-" the young girl sang while eyes shut.
"Yuri, Where did you learn that song? No one can even understand the words" the boy whispered.
"It was already in my head, brother" Yuri replied quiet sleepy before finally sleeping.
'I wonder what she meant by that...' the boy's last thought before sleeping as well.

-------------------

One day the siblings were just talking with each other, the girl was making a flower crown out of the flowers she had just picked. While the young boy was playing ayatori(or string figure). When the mother had called for the girl and sent her to buy vegetables in a near by market, the girl gets ready and said her good byes and left. Later in the afternoon the girl had arrived home walking to the back of the house she lived in where her brothers room was, and where other children where waiting for her.

"If it isn't that sickly boy's sister" a kid mocked her.
"I bet it so troublesome to take of your brother, is it not Yuri?" another kid mocked her
"Right! Shouldn't it be the older sibling taking care of the younger one?" another one chimed in.

All there rude remarks about her brother that the children were throwing at her, she reacted unfaced with it. She then shows then a gentle smile "Oh, but I truly don't care about what should be, I love my dear older brother and would not change anything" and replied in a calm tone.

This made the other children mad, some where angry about her cool collected self others felt like they were being mocked by her. So the group of children threw anything they could at the young girl who tried to dodge the things that were thrown but some of them hit her, marking her skin with bruises and wounds. After all that, the children laughed at the sight of the bruised and wounded girl, the girl said nothing and dusted of her kimono which had some stains of dirt and her own blood. The girl then walked to the front of her house leaving the group of children were they were.

-------------------

"Father, Mother, B-brother, I'm h-home!" the girl spoke softly stuttering at points as the pain of the wounds inflicted on to her were quiet many.
"Yuri, dear! Why are you all hurt?" The mother very concerned for her child asked while getting gauzes and other materials.
"I-i'm very sorry to concern you about my well being mother..." Yuri replied softly as her mother patched up all her wounds.
"this is something you shouldn't say sorry Yuri... There, now go to your room, change and rest" The mother told the girl and continued "And thank you for the vegetable dear, I will go and handle it"
"Thank you, mother" the girl said and walked slowly to her room after changing into another kimono.

-------------------

As the girl entered the room, her brother asked what was all the noise when he glances at her seeing all the bandages he suddenly got concerned and asked if this was why there was so much noise just outside.

"Yuri, did the other kid do that to you?" Asked the boy very concerned for his sister.
"..." Yuri stayed silent not uttering a word to her brother.
"Yuri, please tell me. Did the other kids did that to you?!" the boy urged his sister to reply.
"I-it is really nothing brother, please I just want to rest" the girl spoke in a way that her brother couldn't understand.
"Yuri, your speaking nonsense again, I don't understand what you are saying..." her brother replied to her confusing language.
"..." again the girl did not utter a word to her brother.

There was silence until her brother broke it and said...

"Is it because of me?"

-------------------------

Hi Enita here! I just want to share what Yuri(百合) looks like!
Please have this in mind that I draw any character tall, so this isn't her original height.
She is like... 4'2 or 127cm(This is the based of the height of Canon Rui).
:)