Chapter 6

(Jaune's POV)

After Aurora and I kissed/makeup, I sent my anti-material rifle to my local techpriest to get it modified further. While my gun was getting upgraded, I decided to head out from our peaceful settlement. Right now, I'm walking through the dark corridors of the underhive to see if anything is interesting. Suddenly, I see a building with a bright yellow sign, so I approach it and see the words. When I get closer, I get excited because it's where I used to buy my stuff before becoming a Hired Gun. This place is called Cash Converters, but I call it Cashies! Que the theme song of this store!

Me:

Oh!
I found it at cashies mate
Where you can find your dreams
They've got wares
And Chairs
And a Bog downstairs
And clubs
And tubs
And a hat for scrubs
And out-of-date movies 

So
Get on down to cashies mate
You know it'll change your life
So get off the floor, head out the door
Forget eBay they'll charge you more
And lose your life at cashies
Mate

The doors of the convenience store open as I enter and breathe in the smell of old yet cool knick-knacks. My eyes gaze upon a set of Mark 4 'Maximus' Space Marine power armor of an unknown chapter. Its price is a tad too expensive for me, the tag says 60,500 Imperial Credits. No thank you, mate! Unexpectedly, there's a 'rare' bullpup bolter, and it's unique... 

The item card says that this is a Natalien-pattern bolter, a rejected boltgun project

The item card says that this is a Natalien-pattern bolter, a rejected boltgun project. It's chambered in the standard 998 Goldwyn but carries 45 rounds instead of 20 in mine. I look closer to see it has a fuller-auto mode like Death Bringer. The price is reasonable: 4,500 Imperial Credits. Plus, this gun is a combi-weapon, meaning I can have another piece of weaponry on it. Heh, I can have a miniature flamer under the barrel. Mmmm, a mini flamer~. Fuck it, I'll buy this unique weapon, let's see how this baby will perform. What else is there?

Me: Oohhh! A Catachan knife! *Looks up* Now that's a knooife~. *Grabs it* I'll take it because I'm a Space Australian too!

Before I can purchase my items, I grab a few MREs from the shelf. It's more appetizing than the paste that I used to eat as a young man. Anyway, I approach the cashier before laying the stuff on the counter. The man begins to total out everything as I pull out my wallet.

Cashier: Alright, that'll be 6,351 Credits.

Me: Okay, mate. 

I grab the money from my wallet and hand the currency to the man. He takes the money and counts it before putting it into the register. 

Me: Are we good, mate?

Cashier: Yeah, buddy.

Me: Thanks, man! *Grabs my stuff* I'll come back any time!