1

Disclaimer: I won't even try to give a plot to this— I'm just here for the romance. This will in no way attempt to be a S3 prediction fic. I don't have the range of imagination nor the desire to even try to address all the consequences that the ending of season 2 should have, nor to come up with a new mystery for them to solve. So, you can just imagine whatever you want in those regards and I'm sure it'll be better than whatever I could come up with. That being said, enjoy. 

---------------------------

Natalia knew, from the moment Pablo arrived to get her from the dealers with a duffle bag full of cash, that something weird was going on. She was still a little out of it from whatever drug they'd given her when they took her, but just the fact that Pablo of all people was there, when she expected literally anyone else, was enough to wake up her foggy mind.

He was white as a sheet throughout the whole exchange, which she gathered was normal considering he was dealing with murderous, no-funny-business drug dealers. She didn't imagine she looked any better. But he continued to be shaky, even long after they were in the car ride back, even when she had stopped crying from the leftover fear of almost losing her life, and it was then, when she kept asking him how he'd gotten the money and he kept avoiding the subject, that she confirmed her suspicion that something big was going on.

They got to her house and Pablo helped her inside, still looking like he'd seen a ghost. He seemed disconnected from reality, and at the same too jumpy for his mind to be far away. Natalia was starting to think he'd never say anything until he broke down crying.

She didn't know what to do. He was on his knees on her living room's floor, and no matter what she said to him, how she tried to calm him with touches of her hands, his sobs didn't stop. He kept mumbling about how "we didn't mean to" and "we never wanted any of this" and he was sorry, sorry, so sorry...

Natalia had a hard time getting any of it.

And then she did.

And then everyone did.

It wasn't like the news of a dead principal could remain hidden for very long.

--------------------

It felt like entire months had passed by the time things somewhat calmed down, but Natalia knew, objectively, that it'd been less than that.

Those involved had been finally allowed to go back to school. And that was where Natalia waited, right outside the entrance, checking everywhere for one face.

And then she saw him.

Javier looked so much like he always did that, for a moment, it was easy to imagine that all the hell they'd experienced the past weeks had just been a bad dream. His hair combed to the side, his fitted t-shirts, his backpack... Everything looked so normal, he looked so normal, not like someone who had been involved in dark, traumatic things.

But then he saw her, and the change of his face, from casual to loathing and disgust, proved to her that everything had indeed happened.

He tried to ignore her and pass by her side, but Natalia stood quickly in his way.

"I only ask for five minutes," she begged. "Just five minutes, please don't ignore me."

"I'm gonna be late for class," he said with no inflection.