8: Finale

They managed to stop the people behind the atrocities and put an end to everything.

Raúl was shot shielding Sofía. Thankfully, the bullet didn't pierce through anything fatal, and the doctors managed to save him before the worst came to happen.

Sofía stood by his bedside every day until he woke up and then every day after that. Her first words to him were "You're an idiot, Raúl."

They never parted again.

Javier and Natalia received a scolding from their families for getting involved in all of this, but ultimately nothing too dire happened and the scolding served to remind them that someone still cared.

Natalia stood by Javier's side when his dad was judged and subsequently imprisoned for having sexual relations with underage girls.

The press was all over his mom's house, his dad's house, and even Natalia's house when they realized Javier frequented it. Javier apologized for all the ruckus, but Natalia always shot those down— She was here for him, no matter what. She rathered months of inconveniences than a day without him. Besides, what was a little trouble when they'd faced drug dealers and death?

They also never parted again.

Not even when years passed. Not even when they settled into routine, familiarity and comfort, with no more pounding hearts and heightened emotions but soothing gestures and soft smiles.

After all, they'd had enough excitement during their adolescence to last them a lifetime.

Peace and quiet was enough.

More than enough.

...

..

.

--------------------

As some of you must've noticed, this is just a oneshot I divided in parts to post in here. I'm not particularly invested in this fandom, I just got this idea and wanted to post it before S3 comes out and makes SofíaxJavier canon because of course they will. 

Hope you liked it and the bonus scenes coming up. Thanks for reading!