"Look, it's 20 miles to the airport. You guys need a ride." He opened the back door. "Guys. Ma'am. Gary, stop." The three exchanged a look and reluctantly got in. Madeleine wished for a quiet ride, but John kept talking, so that wasn't happening. "Okay, so we've got eight Super Soldiers on a bulk supply run. Why?"

Sam let out a sigh. "They say their mission is to get things back to the way it was during The Blip. Maybe they're just trying to help."

"They had a funny way of showing it," Bucky and Madeleine said.

"That serum doesn't exactly have a great track record," John stated, looking at Madeleine. "No offense."

Bucky's jaw twitched slightly and he glared at John.

Madeleine also she narrowed her eyes as she said, "Well, we need to figure out where they're going."

"How'd you track them here?" Sam asked. "The Flag Smashers?"

"Uh, no, we didn't track them, we tracked you, uh, through Redwing," Lemar replied, scratching the back of his head.

"You hacked my tech?"

"Sorry," John said with a chuckle. "It's not exactly hacking. It's government property." He gestured to himself. "Kind of the government." He chuckled, then glanced at Madeleine. "Does ahe always just stare like that?"

"You get used to it."

"Watch it, Walker," Bucky warned.

"Okay, look," John began as he cleared his throat, "you know, things have gotten kind of, uh..."

"Chaotic," Lemar finished, glancing at John.

"Yeah. Well, the GRC, they're doing the best they can to get things up and running smoothly, post Blip."

"Shut up," Madeleine said.

"What right do you have to tell me to shut up? Don't you know who I am?"

Madeleine's expression hardened. "I know exactly who you are, and I really don't care."

The two stared at each other with narrowed eyes.

Bucky glanced at his wife as he took her hand. Madeleine's annoyance eased slightly.

Lemar continued. "Reactivating citizenship, social security, health care. Basically just managing resources for the refugees who were displaced by the return."

"The Global Repatriation Council does all that," Sam said. "I get that. So why exactly are you two here?"

"Well, they provide the resources and we keep things stable."

"Yeah, violent revolutionaries aren't usually good for anyone's cause," John added.

Sam smirked lightly. "Usually said by the people with the resources."

"We got a lot of resources. If you joined with us, we could..."

"No," Bucky and Madeleine interrupted.

Lemar gestured between the three Avengers. "I got mad respect for each of y'all. But you were getting your asses kicked till we showed up."

Madeleine frowned. "Who are you?"

"Lemar Hoskins."

"We just saw you hanging out of a helicopter in full-on tactical gear. We're gonna need more than just "Lemar Hoskins"."

"I'm Battlestar. John's partner."

""Battlestar"? Stop the car!" Bucky ordered.

Gary stopped the truck, Bucky got out, and John looked between the three as he said, "Look, I... I get it, okay? I get the attitude, I do. You didn't think that the shield was gonna end up here. I get it, Bucky, Maddi. And I'm... I'm not trying to be Steve. I'm not trying to replace Steve. I'm just trying to be the best Captain America I can be. That's it."