Bucky and Madeleine made their way back to Brooklyn, New York.

Bucky glanced at Madeleine. "You ready?"

She shook her head. "No, but Sam was right."

They walked up to Yori's front door and he knocked on the door.

Yori opened the door and asked, "Hey, what are you two doing here? It's late, come in before someone call the cops." Bucky and Madeleine entered and Yori closed the door behind them. "What are you two doing here? It's not Wednesday."

Madeleine replied, "I, uh, I have to tell you something. About your son." She sat, pulled off her glove to reveal her Vibranium hand, and Bucky stood next to her, a hand on her shoulder. Yori sat as well. "He was murdered."

"What?"

"By the Winter Soldier." Her voice shook as she whispered, "And that was me."

"Why?"

Madeleine inhaled before replying softly, "I didn't have a choice."

She left and Bucky glanced at Yori before saying, "She truly had no choice, and is trying to make up for years of devastation."

He left the apartment and walked up to Madeleine and said quietly, "I'm proud of you."

Madeleine met his eyes and her expression turned to one of extreme guilt. She fell into his arms and Bucky held he tightly as she cried.

After a moment, Madeleine said, "Thank you, Buck."

Bucky continued holding her and said softly, "I'm always here for you, doll." He placed a gentle hand on her stomach. "I can't wait to meet you, little one. Nor can your siblings or your mom."

She smiled as she placed a hand on his and rested her forehead to his.

The next day, after dropping off a gift bag and card for Dr. Raynor, Bucky and Madeleine, who had an arm linked around Bucky's left arm, walked the streets of Brooklyn.

They passed Izzy's and Bucky and Madeleine looked in the window to see Yori sitting at the bar. Madeleine caught Leah's eye and gave a small smile.

Bucky glanced at Madeleine and asked, "Do you want to go in?"

Madeleine stared at Yori and slowly shook her head. Bucky took her hand, squeezing it gently.

---

Sam made his way to Baltimore to make a visit.

He walked down a familiar street in Baltimore and up to a front door. He knocked on the metal screen door of Isaiah's home.

Eli opened the door and asked, "What do you want, Black Falcon?"

"Hey, you need to learn some manners," Sam told him.

"He ain't a Falcon anymore, but he's still black," Isaiah said, motioning for Sam to follow. Sam sat in the garden as Isaiah tended to his plants. "I saw what you did out there. And it seems, so did everyone else. I heard the GRC was standing down on those plans of theirs, so you must have done something right. I ain't gonna lie. You're special."

"Thank you."

"I mean, you ain't no Malcolm, Martin, Mandela, but..."

"No argument there." Sam chuckled with a nod. "But I know what I've gotta do."

"So, a Black Captain America, huh?"

"Damn right."

He chuckled lightly. "The fight you taking on ain't gonna be easy, Sam."

"Yeah, I might fall. Shit, I might die. But... We built this country. Bled for it. I'm not gonna let anybody tell me I can't fight for it. Not after what everybody before me went through. Including you."

Isaiah's voice shook as his expression softened. "Shit. I almost bought that."

"Man, do you ever lighten up?"

"Nope," Eli replied, standing on the back porch. "Mm-mmm."

Sam chuckled and gently hit Isaiah's shoulder. "Hey, why don't you clean up. There's, um... somethin' I wanna show you."

Isaiah glanced at Sam and made his way inside.

Eli leaned over the railing and asked, "So, uh, where we going?"

Sam shook his head, keeping his plan a surprise.

As soon as the two were ready, they made their way to the Smithsonian exhibit.

---

Isaiah and Eli remained quiet as they strolled through the exhibit.

Sam led them to another room where he'd had them place a statue of Isaiah and the history of what he'd done for the country. Isaiah and Eli looked around while Sam stood back and waited.

After a moment, Isaiah walked up to Sam who nodded and said, "Now they'll never forget what you did for this country." The two shook hands. "Never." Isaiah hugged Sam tightly and Sam smiled.

---

Bucky and Madeleine made their way to Sam's. Bucky held a cake and the kids ran up to him and pretended to fight him. Bucky ducked with a smile. Madeleine glanced at Bucky and smiled, happy to see him in such a good mood. She didn't think it was possible to fall more in love with him, yet she found herself doing so.

"Oh! There they are!" a man said.

"Mama! Dada!" the twins cried as they ran up to their parents, followed by Rebecca and Evelyn.

As Bucky and Madeleine walked up, they asked, "Where is everybody?"

Sam hugged Bucky, then Madeleine.

Evelyn smiled. "Right here, Mom. I'm glad you all got back safely."

Madeleine returned her smile. "Me too, darling."

They enjoyed an afternoon of food, drink, and conversation. Bucky kept glancing at Madeleine, pleased to see a wide smile on her face. She returned his smile with a soft expression.

Bucky and Madeleine spoke with Sarah and the kids hung on Madeleine's Vibranium arm, while Bucky stood nearby in case he needed to intervene, which she no longer had covered.

Sam, Bucky and Madeleine stood on the dock, watching the sunset. Evelyn was watching the kids as they played. After a moment, they walked back to the others. Sam placed an arm around Bucky's shoulders and Bucky took Madeleine's hand.

Bucky glanced at Madeleine and asked, "What are you thinking, doll?"

Madeleine smiled. "For the first time in a long time, I've found peace."

"I'm happy to hear that. Is it being here or..."

"I think it's the location and being surrounded by family and new friends. Buck, did you ever think we would be here? Me being free of forced control? Another coming child? Spending time with Sam and his family?"

"Being here surprised me, but I always hoped you and I would be happy like we were in times before." He pulled her close and kissed her. "I love you, Madeleine."

Madeleine wrapped her arms around Bucky's neck. "I love you too, James."

Sam smiled. "The two of you are adorable. Come on. Let's join the others and make sure your kids are behaving themselves."

Bucky chuckled. "Knowing Jude and Julia, there's bound to be arguing or a toy being taken."

Madeleine nodded. "That's a given with those adorable troublemakers."

Bucky took Madeleine's hand again as they followed Sam back to where people were.