The three Avengers looked, but didn't find Karli. They found an unconscious Zemo, along with Lemar and John instead.

Sam spread his arms a moment before dropping them and asked, "What did we miss?"

John glanced at Lemar who looked up at the Avengers. Madeleine frowned as her eyes flicked between them.

They woke Zemo and made their way back to the house.

---

Madeleine looked over Zemo and said, "Well, you have a concussion, but you should be fine." She handed him a cold cloth. "Put this on your head."

"Madeleine-" Zemo began.

"Take the cloth," Sam said as he sat at a computer and typed a message to Sharon.

"Very well." Zemo did as instructed, then asked Sam, "Were you ever offered it?"

"What?" Sam questioned.

"The serum."

"No."

"If you had been, hypothetically, that is, would you have taken it?"

"No."

"No hesitation. That's impressive." He removed the cloth from his head. "Sam, you can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we cannot allow that she and her acolytes become yet another faction of gods amongst real people. Super Soldiers cannot be allowed to exist."

"Isn't that how gods talk? And if that's how you feel, what about Bucky and Maddi?" Zemo didn't answer. "Blood isn't always the solution."

The door opened and closed.

Bucky caught Madeleine's eye and said, "Hey, doll."

Madeleine gave a small smile as Bucky walked across the room. He took off his jacket and she asked, "What is it?"

"Something's not right about Walker."

Madeleine nodded. "No kidding."

"You don't say?" Sam replied.

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one," Madeleine replied as Bucky made his way to the cabinet. "Because I am crazy."

A small small crossed Bucky's lips. "You're not wrong." He poured himself a drink and Madeleine walked over stand next to him.

"Can't argue with that," Sam said.

"Shouldn't have given him the shield."

Madeleine shook her head. "He didn't give him the shield."

"Well, Steve definitely didn't."

Before anyone could answer, the doors flew open and John and Lemar strutted in before John said, "All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over." Zemo stood.

Sam walked up to John. "Hey, slow your roll. And let's be clear, shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth. Now, I had Karli and you overstepped." He pointed to Zemo. "He's actually proven himself useful today." He walked closer to John. "We're gonna need all hands on deck for whatever's comin' next."

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go Sam, huh?" Sam didn't answer. "Yeah." He chuckled softly. "Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?"

John set the shield down and Madeleine rolled her eyes, knowing they could beat him if they so chose; even if she was pregnant.

A spear came between them, embedding itself into the wall. Madeleine glanced back to see that one of the Dora Milaje had thrown it.