|26|

Rylos

A month and a half later

"Why do you feel need to teach me this?"

"Because what happens if I was in a situation with a gun aimed at my head?" I was about to walk away until he grabbed my arm. "You need to learn how to shoot."

Rolling my eyes, I just shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not that type of person. I leave that up to you and my brother."

"Yeah, but you still have to learn in case anything happens to one of us—or even you."

We walked into the shooting range where other loud shots sounded in the room. I slightly flinched from the noise. I'm not used to any of this.

"Scared?" Amir smirked.

"No."

"All I'm going to do is teach you the basics on how to work a gun like changing the clip and of course shooting."

Since we already had some headphones on, we just got started right away. He wanted to start off with a pistol.

I stood back as I watched him push the shooting target poster back some. When it was far enough, he grabbed the gun and began to shoot so quickly. When he ran out of bullets, he reloaded so quickly and went back to shooting like it was nothing.

My mouth was slightly agape, shocked at what I was seeing.

When he was done, he pushes the target closer so we can look at it. All the bullets mostly covered the head while a very few covered the body.

"How'd you learn all this?" I asked, still shocked.

"Come on, Ry, acting like this ain't nothing you witnessed before. I learned it from my leader, Ace. Nigga is cold with the gun. It's your turn now."

I pointed to myself and looked around. "You must not be talking to me."

"Who else am I talking to? I'll help you. First times ain't always easy."

He changed the poster and pushed it back some, but not as far as his was. I guess to start off easy. Sighing, I stepped in front of him while he stood behind me.

"Why you holding the gun like that? Relax, pa." I tensed up when I felt his breath on my ear, speaking lowly. Both his hands went to adjust how the way I was holding the gun. "Try to shoot, I don't care if you miss."

I swallowed hard then went to go squeeze the trigger. I slightly jumped when the shot went off so quickly, catching me off guard.

And of course, I missed.

"M-maybe my brother was right, I'm too soft." I was about to push him away from me, but he kept me pinned to where I was at.

"So? What's important that you're learning how to shoot now."

He pressed further into me, causing me to draw out a breath. "Come on, give it another go."

I squeezed the trigger again, but missed again. Now I'm already starting to get frustrated.

"Ry, relax. Try again."

"I don't want to do this." I don't know how anybody can do this. Picking up a gun just to kill.

"I'm right here."

His hands adjusted the gun once again for me, due to my hands shaking. "Focus." He aimed the gun a bit higher for me. "Now shoot."

Sighing, I put my finger on the trigger and squeezed it again. The shot went off. This time, I got it dead on the forehead.

Somehow, I got happy. "I finally got it."