13. First Hunter Revealed

"... But what I can't accept is that you've kept it hidden from me. Am I not that trustable, Yukawa!? I didn't keep everything from you, but... You and Hirari, if you just told me what you're feeling, then I... I..." With tears flowing out of my eyes, I escape the room in rush.

"Saori!" Yukawa shouted.

"Look who suggested no fights? High school romance makes you crazy just like that," Rise boasted on the other corner of the room.

"I'll try to talk to her about this. Sorry for suddenly coming up."

"Yukawa," Manabu called him out. "There's something I should follow up on."

"What?"

"Hirari's suicide, I believe it."

"Good."

"But I'm still doing surveillance from you people. I'm not done yet."

"Okay," Yukawa said as he follows Saori into another room. He intended to talk to me about the fault he did, but when he opened the door at exactly 11 AM, he saw me drinking the poisoned water from the stash.

"NO! Saori, stop!" Yukawa shouted as he rushed towards me and pulled my face out of the stash. My face up to my chest are all wet, but I'm still not satisfied with my intake. My dry throat still craves something that makes it sooth and smooth.

"Water..." I begged with my sunken eyes that looks at the blank ceiling. My muscles synchronized with my light-headedness. My back is leaning on Yukawa's arm as I lie on the floor. "I need... Water..."

"What did you just do, Saori!?"

"I can't... breathe... Help..."

"What do I do?" Yukawa trembled, not knowing what to do next. I can feel his body in full tremor, opposite of mine. "Water... Where can I find one..."

He's completely clouded because the only water source we had was poisoned already. The obvious solution we have was already there, but it is destined to kill me. I'm already set to die, but I don't want to die yet, not until I solve this case.

"I'm sorry, Saori." Yukawa quickly picks up a beaker and put the water in it. He didn't waste time me drinking the water in it. After two glasses, I coughed after gulping the water down my dried throat.

"Yukawa... It's my... fault... I'm sorry," I stuttered with my whispery voice, still hard to talk continuously.

"You're not in the wrong, Saori. I..." Yukawa's tears suddenly went down his eyes. "I failed to protect someone again. History just repeats itself, playing with me. Goddamnit! If I could just end this all..."

He suddenly put me down on the floor and picks up the beaker. When he scooped the water, I realize that he was planning to do the same thing I did.

"No... Yukawa... Live..." I tried shouting but it turns into a mutter. My strength was all taken away by dehydration. I am too late.

He drinks the water until he was satisfied while I felt the same terror he has shown me. After he did, he looks at me with a guilty stare.

"You said you wanted to know my past. Are you ready?"

"Yukawa..."

He then sits near me and puts my head on his lap. "I'm destined to die ever since I did that greatest sin of my life. Every night that I sleep, I wish that I could turn back time to change everything, but all of it was the exact, same, and repeated event that happened like it's making me remember every single bit of me is made of a devil.

"I have a loving and caring uncle on the outside. He always goes smooth with conversations and motivates anyone with ease. Every word that comes to his mouth is inspiring, that is why I idolized him. It's my fault in the first place.