16. The Obvious Plan B

"Yukawa... Is that really you?"

Yukawa walked near him with a scary smile that extends from each of his ears. His loud but slow breathing vibrates through the whole room.

"You've witnessed that, don't you?" He stopped midway right after asking.

"You... you've shown your true colors," Manabu said with trembling legs. "Yeah, I've witnessed it. What will you do to me? Kill me?"

"I'll leave the answer to you. Now that we're alone, let's have a nice talk first, don't we?"

"Is there anything to talk about?" Manabu said as he readied a fighting stance while his other hand is preparing to get something from his pocket.

"Too many to count from the leaves of a tree. You bet the reason you're locked here is to ask you this. If you wanted to lead our classmates back then, why didn't you step up?

"No... You already knew about the situation, on why people resented me and put me on that pedestal. We're different, Manabu. You wanted it, and I was forced into it. But instead of helping me, why did you resent me more?

"You have a mouth, Manabu, and I'm a simple listener. You already had the opportunity to show everyone you're the most fitting leader, yet you proved yourself that you're a coward.

"That's no Politics, Manabu. Don't be like your corrupt father too. You might earn the title, but you won't earn money, fame, and respect from it. What will it give you are heavy burdens. Do you know what I mean? Do you want to look at the result? Look at me now!!" Yukawa shouted, opening his arms wide and laughing deep like the devil.

"Leave me out of that matter, Yukawa. You're already like that before you took that role," Manabu replied. "For what reason made you think I wanted to be a leader, you childish fiend?"

"You tried your best pulling me down my place, destroyed everyone's respect for me, and even spread rumors about me. If you're not trying to take my position, why do you resent me too much? What did I just do to you? It's a childish reason I believe."

"You know, Yukawa," Manabu's trembling stopped, "I hate bad and disrespectful guys. I don't need to elaborate it further, you murderer."

"The only disrespectful guy here is you." Yukawa rushed toward him with a fist that is ready to punch.

Manabu quickly puts his hand from the pocket and pulls out a small butterfly knife that still has dried blood stains in it. He held it with two hands as he points it to Yukawa. Though his words might be brave, his hand still shakes tremendously.

Yukawa didn't stop charging as Manabu might have a behind his pockets. Based on what Saori said that she heard stabs of the knife when she heard the killer, that's why he concluded that the one who killed Kino might possess some sharp weapon.

Yukawa dodged his frontal stab and slid his foot with a low crescent kick that made Manabu fall to the ground. In order not to escape, Yukawa sat over Manabu's body with his knees locking both Manabu's arms on the ground. Manabu struggles to escape.

Yukawa quickly threw the knife from Manabu's hand. He landed punches on his face. While he continues doing it, he smiles with his eyes wide open. Manabu grinds his teeth and groans as his head hit both the punches and the ground.

"This... Is for the unreasonable grudges that you have for me," Yukawa yelled as he land another fiery fist per sentence. Manabu grunts with the hot sensation developing from his head every hit.

"This is for the foolish and corrupt blood that you have...

"This is for the jealousy you've rooted because of your childish mindset...