one | suzie, do you copy?

-ONE-

The sound of cheesy radio music was audible, as Amanda went through channel after channel, trying to find the right music to her liking.

A group of kids bustled in, one of whom was sporting bright red hair, just like Amanda's. She grinned at all of them from behind the counter, but her grin was replaced by a frown when Robin Buckley, her colleague, said, "Hey, Red, your children are here." 

"For the record, they're not my children. They're Harrington's." The girl rolled her eyes, leaning against the counter as she called out, "Harrington! Your kids are here!" 

"Again? Seriously?" He asked, appearing at the window. The kids all gave him deadpan looks, which resulted in a very disgruntled Steve and Amanda taking them to the theater from the back corridor.

"Tell anyone about this, and I'll put the 'fun' in your 'funeral'." Amanda threatened. "Except you, Maxy. I can't kill you yet." 

"Don't be so partial, man!" Lucas exclaimed. Amanda rolled her eyes and said, "Shut up, lover boy. Don't forget that I'm your girlfriend's sister. I can break you two up like sticks." 

She opened the door to the theater, and allowed everyone inside as she handed the reins to Steve. She closed the door gently and made her way to the ice cream parlor.

"They're not my kids, they're Harrington's." Robin mocked her.

"Shut up, Birdie." The other redhead rolled her eyes.

--Time Skip--

"Amy come with us, we're surprising Dustin." Max grinned as she stood at the counter.

"You know I'd love to be there, honey, but my shift's still on." Amanda sighed as she finished wiping the counter. Upon seeing her sister's face fall she said, "Hey tell you what, how about I treat you to free ice cream after work, as a compensation. Just you and me, no one else."

"And no Billy." Max made it a point.

"Especially no Billy." Amanda smiled.

An identical grin spread across their faces, and the older girl said, "Now go on, don't hang out with your shitty older sister too long. Your friends're waiting." She thought for a quick moment and came out from behind the counter to quickly give Max a hug. "Love you." She laughed, kissing the girl's head as she tried squirming away.

Max winked, "Love you too." As she walked away, Amanda called out, "Remember, we're on for ice cream today!"

"I won't forget!" Max replied over her shoulder as she jogged to catch up with the others.

--Time Skip--

Both redheads couldn't contain their laughter as Steve tried to flirt with a bunch of girls. Once they'd left, Amanda pulled up a board and handed it to Robin, who added a line to the 'you suck' column.

"And another one bites the dust." She grinned.

"You are oh-for-six, Popeye." Amanda sniggered.

"Yeah, yeah, I can count." He rolled his eyes, exasperated.

"You know that means you suck." Robin said, frowning slightly.

"Yep, I can read, too." He replied, folding his lips into his mouth.

Amanda gasped dramatically, "Since when?"

"It's this stupid hat."

"Sure it is." Was all Amanda could say, as she finished wiping down the counter.