five | operation child endangerment

-FIVE-

They returned to Scoops Ahoy, and Robin triumphantly slammed the blueprints she found at the County Recorder's office.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office." She smirked.

"Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints." Amanda added, grinning.

"Not bad." Steve admitted.

"So, this is us, Scoops, and this is where we want to get." Robin marked places with a red pen accordingly.

"I mean, I don't really see a way in." Steve replied.

"There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors." Amanda hinted.

"Air ducts." Dustin realised.

"Exactly. Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any old room. And these air ducts lead all the way..." Robin marked the place they wanted to be, "Here."

--Time Skip--

Steve poked his head in the Scoops Ahoy air duct, and stuck his hand out, "Flashlight."  He was handed the tool and replied, "Thank you."

"Yeah, I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's, like...super tight." Steve frowned.

"That's what she said." Amanda sniggered to Robin, who nearly choked on the water she was drinking.

"I'll fit," Dustin reassured. When the three older teens looked at him up and down, he added, "Trust me. No collar bones, remember?" 

"Uh, excuse me?" Robin asked, baffled.

"Oh, he's, uh...Yeah, he's got some disease." Steve replied, making Amanda facepalm. "Don't talk about Dusty bun like that, Steve." 

Ignoring her, the boy added, "Chry, uh... It's chrydo, um...Something. Yeah, I dunno. He's missing bones and stuff. He can bend like Gumbo." 

"You mean Gumby." Amanda and Dustin corrected.

"I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo." He replied.

Amanda wasn't able to handle all the screaming, and stepped back, leaning against the wall. The shouts rang in her ears, as her, what used to be steady, emotional dam began to crumble.

'All it takes is a spark,' thought she, as she began to zone out. 'Think happy thoughts. You're happy. Think happy thoughts.' She repeated the words in her head, like she always did when she felt her emotional dam beginning to crack.

Flashback

Max and Amanda were in the yard. The younger redhead was laughing as her older sister flicked water at her. It was a hot summer day, and Amanda had wrung out some clothes, and was flicking the cold water onto her younger sister.

"Amy, no, stop!" Max squealed.

"You wish!" Amanda chuckled before  looping her arm under her sister's legs and around her back as she lifted her clean off the ground. She then ran around, making her sister squeal in happiness.

She tossed her sister into a bundle of clothes and began to tickle her, making laughs emit from Max's mouth.

Later that evening, as her father insulted her, Amanda felt silent tears roll down her face. Once he'd stopped and dismissed her, he sent her to her room where she cried till her eyes nearly were swollen shut.

A knock on her door sounded as she continued sobbing, but when she didn't reply, the person walked in.

"Amy?" Max whispered. She noticed how her sister's body was rigid and shaking. She slid over to her and sat next to her, asking, "Hey, Amy? What's wrong?"

Amanda sniffed and replied, "It's nothing, baby. I'm just...upset."

"Want to talk about it?" Asked Max, wiping her sisters tears with her thumbs. "I always come to you, and you know you can come to me."

Amanda held her sister close, and said, "It's nothing you should concern yourself over, Maxy."

Max simply sat next to her sister, her arms around Amanda as she lay her head on the older girl's quaking shoulder.

"I love you, Amy." Max whispered, kissing her sisters cheek gently as they sat there, comforting each other.

-End-

"Guys!" Robin shouted, "Shut the hell up for twenty seconds, please!" She tapped on Amanda's shoulder and whispered, "Hey, Red, snap out of it."

Amanda shook her head, realising that she was sitting in a crouched position, her hands on her ears.

"I'm--I'm fine." Amanda said, standing up.  "Just--keep your voices down a little bit."

The boys nodded and tried reaching a consensus, quietly. Amanda refused to meet Robin's gaze, knowing that the girl she liked had just seen her go into shutdown.

"Ahoy, get over here and serve me some samples!" Came Erica's loud, slightly annoying, voice.

And that's when the idea struck them like a bus.

----
AYO WHAT!?

30 COMMENTS TO KNOW!!! DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

dedicated to all the lovelies who commented on the last chapter <3

I hope you liked this chapter and I'm sorry if it's short aaaah.

Have a fabulous day/night!

With love and hugs,
Daisy Rose