two | the mall rats

-TWO-

"Hi." Said Dustin, as he entered the ice cream parlor. Robin was standing there on duty, while Amanda sorted out the overflowing tips, her knack for math coming to good use.

"Hi." Said Robin.

"I'm Dustin."

"I'm Robin."

"Is he here?"

"Is who here?"

Steve entered, and he gasped, "Henderson!"

"Harrington!" Both Dustin and Steve did their signature handshake, while Robin asked in shock, "How many children are you friends with?"

"Hey Dusty. What's up?" Amanda smiled. She was fond of all the kids in that little group, less so for Lucas for obvious reasons, but she found Dustin adorable.

"Hey, Robin, can you cover for me? Max called, said she needed help with something." The redhead turned to Robin.

"Bullshit, I'm not doing it." Robin frowned, her upper lip curling in distaste.

"Depending on how long I'm gone you'll get that much of my daily." Amanda bargained.

"Done, see you in a bit." The other redhead nodded and shooed Amanda away.

--Time Skip--

She unlocked the door, heaving a sigh of relief when she could feel the presence of absolutely no one.

"Amy?" Max's voice came from next to her, making the older girl yelp in fright.

"Maxy, I beg of you, don't do that ever again." Amanda sighed, leaning against the wall to catch her breath. Once she had, she asked, "I ran three red lights and almost knocked down a seventy year old lady to get here, so what's wrong?"

"You dropped work to come here?" Max asked.

"You told me you needed help, and I came." Amanda stated, in a matter-of-fact tone.

"El's having boy problems." Max said, "And we need your help."

"And I know so much about boys." She laughed. "Fine, I'll talk to El."

"Hi." El smiled, as Amanda entered the room.

"Hi, El." The older redhead grinned.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Of course." Smiled Amanda.

So Eleven narrated the whole incident of what happened with Mike earlier that morning to both the Mayfield girls.

"And then he said he... he missed me. And then he just hung up." She concluded.

"He's a piece of shit." Both Amanda and Max nodded. 

"What?" Eleven asked in disbelief. 

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his Nana obviously isn't sick." Amanda said, picking at her nailbeds. "I guarantee you, him and Lucas are playing Atari right now"