four | the sauna test

-FOUR-

Amanda woke up promptly to the sound of a frantic Mike yelping out 'code red' constantly in the other room. She walked over to Max's room, head pounding, as she groaned, "Max, shut the damn thing up, please, I beg of you." 

Max jolted awake and switched off her walkie talkie, only after telling Mike to shut up rather scathingly.

"God, this is a shitty way to wake up on a Saturday." Sighed Amanda, as she picked up Max's clothes and placed them on the girl's desk chair. "Put your clothes away, okay, Maxy?" 

"You got it, Amy." Said Max, still sleepy. 

Amanda pressed a quick kiss to her sister's forehead and left the room quietly, getting ready for work. 

--Time Skip--

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun." Said Amanda, when they discussed the matter at hand.

"Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." Robin replied.

"But there's gotta be a way in." Dustin scoffed.

"Well, you know...I could just take him out." Suggested Steve.

"Take who out?" Amanda frowned, confused.

"The Russian guard." Steve replied. When he saw the baffled looks on everyone's faces, he added, "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy." 

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin replied, raising his voice.

"Yes, Dustin, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking." Replied the older boy. 

"Ah." Said Amanda, "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually... won a fight?" 

"Okay, that was one time..." Steve began, but was cut off by Dustin, "Twice. Jonathan. Year prior?"

"Listen, that doesn't count-" The older boy was getting a bit ruffled at everyone else.

"Why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the shit out of you." The younger boy sniggered.

"It was--"

"You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood...things that all added up..." Amanda began to rattle off, amidst Steve's groans of 'are you kidding me' and 'Dustin, stop teaming up with her.'

"That just might work." Admitted Robin. "Red, you're with me." She then proceeded to grab a shit ton of tips from the jar, earning shouts of irritation from both Amanda and Steve.

"Robin. Hey, Robin! Hey, what... what are you doing?" Steve asked.

"I need cash. Well, half of that's mine." Said the blonde. 

"Make that a third, miss ma'am, because I exist." Amanda scoffed, counting the tips which Robin hadn't stuffed into her pockets.

"Where're you going? The two of you?" Steve snapped.

"To find a way into that room, a safe way." Robin replied, grabbing Amanda's hand. 

"Okay, I'm on board now." Said the redhead with a smirk. "And, in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up." 

"We'll be back in a jiff." Robin grabbed Steve's scooper and chucked it at him, getting whines as well from him. 

"Oh grow up." Amanda rolled her eyes as she allowed Robin to lead her away.