How It Starts

The scene opens up with Clemintine staring up at the crows screeching, wondering what it would be like to be able to fly away from the problems that litter their Earth today. She was snapped out of her thoughts by the sound of Omid's voice. "What do you think?" He said addressing to Christa. Christa, Omid, and Duck were crouching behind a log, seeking out anything that could be a danger at the former gas station that used to be bustling with costumers, now it was just a wasteland full of nothing but rotton food and a bunch of dirt and dust. Clemintine walked over to them as they all stood up and started walking cautiously torwad the seemingly safe gas station so they can search for anything of use or clean up in the restrooms.
                    "We are not doing that," Christa said with a half annoyed half joking voice.
                    "Why not?" Omid questioned, getting up as he saw her get up from her crouching position and start walking torwad the gas station. He didn't let his gaurd down and kept his gun armed.
                    "Because..." Christa said not being able to hold back her laughter.
                    "C'mon, Christa, what's wrong with Omid?" Omid asked with a grin and hope sparkled in his eyes that the little chance of having his first baby named after him.
                    "We are not naming him that, one of you is enough. Clemintine, Duck, a little help here?" Christa asked the two children behind her, until now they had gone unnoticed, talking to each other like they usually did when no one really needed them. While they were thinking of what to say Omid was suggesting names like there was no to tomarrow.
                    "Omid the second," Omid said in a sort of a dreamy voice, like he was enjoying the thought of calling a human that. He was interrupted from his daydream by Christa, however.
                    "No!" Christa said, secretly enjoying Omid's attempts and suggestions to get his child named after him.
                    "Omid Jr!" He said, not giving up and with enthusiasm.
                    "No!" Christa once again said, but this time with laughter in her voice. Clemintine and Duck spoke at the same time.
                    "What if it's a girl?" Duck asked while at the same time Clemintine said "I like Omid," Christa decided to look back and respond to Clemintine who was now 11 years old.
                    "Clemintine, you always take his side," Christa said with a half complaining half joking voice.
                     "That's because I'm always right, and Duck, if it's a girl then we name her Christa!" Omid said looking directly at Duck and then aimed his eyes at Christa when she started talking.
                      "But I'm Christa, I don't want to name her Christa, that's just.... confusing," Christa said, shaking her head and trying to get the thought out of her head.
                    "Then name her Jenavive, I don't care," Omid said while clearly being amused by the talk of the baby's name.
                     "How can you not care? Your not taking this seriously," Christa said putting her hand on her hip, noticing that Duck and Clemintine started looking around.
Clemintine's P.O.V
                    I started to look around since I wasn't really interested in the talk they were having, I kinda wanted to be alone so I started walking around, but you know Duck, like a lost puppy he started following me, with a cheery smile on his face, I don't know how he can be cheerful, he saw his mom get bit by a walker and get shot in the head and his dad get lost in a building full of walkers to save Christa. I would be depressed seeing my parents die in front of me. My thoughts were cut short by his voice.
                    "Hey Clem! What you doin?" He said with a grin on his face while  joy danced in his eyes, it really was amazing, that boy.
                    "Nothin, really, just inspecting things, like ususal," I said, I didn't really know what else to say.
                    "Well, how are you doin? Are you alright? You don't seem like you usually do," He asked, the truth was that I wasn't alright, really, who was alright at a time like this?
                      Instead of saying that and turning his mood around, I said "I'm alright, Duck," He looked like he was about to say something else but then Omid said something to us.
                       "Why don't you two.... uh....... go get cleaned up in the girl's room," He said turning to us, I had no problem with it but apparently, Duck did.
                       "But that's the girl's room! I can't go in there! It's against the rules," Duck said, apparently he is really against that.
                       "Duck, stop being a baby and come on and help me if there's trouble," I said to Duck, while he just crossed his arms and pouted, but he stayed silent. O turned to Omid and said "I really hope the sink works in there," I looked torwad the bathroom door, Duck hadn't gone in yet and I think he wouldn't unless I went in first.
                     "I wouldn't count on it, just keep track of your things and watch out for each other, we'll be right next door," Omid said, I nodded and headed to the bathroom door.
                      "C'mon, Duck," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him torwad the bathroom. If I didn't pull him he would've stood his ground and I really didn't want him to be out here alone, even though he has a pistol like me and I tought him how to shoot, I think he would need back up. We went in the bathroom and I let go of his hand. I turned to him and saw that his face was bright red. "Why is your face red?" I asked him. He seemed surprised I was talking to him.
                    He finally said "No reason," he started to clasp his hands behind his back and rock back and forth on his heels. I shook my head and gave him a look that said 'you're so weird' then I turned around and looked while Duck stood behind me.
                    "Maybe you should check out the stalls while I clean up," Clemintine said, turning away from Duck. Before she even had a chance to go to the sink, Duck raced in front of her and stopped at the first stall and opened it. His shoulders lowered and he had a frown on his face but quickly turned it into a smile. It was almost like he wanted to see a walker. I went to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible. I took out my water bottle and pit it on the rag that I had. I started to clean my face and, once I was sure that I had cleaned everything, I looked at myself again, only this time, I looked a lot better. I turned to Duck only to see him at the middle stall with the door opened and a slightly disgusted face. I started to walk over to him but I knocked over my water. I stayed still and said "Oh, shoot," I said in barley a whisper.
                     Duck chuckled and I looked at him with a look I didn't even know. "Don't worry, Clem, I was just about to check that stall anyway, I'll get it," He walked over to the last stall and opened the door. While holding the door open, he picked up my water bottle and looked at me victoriously. I shook my head at his antics when I heard the door open. It was a woman I didn't know, I gave Duck a hand gesture that said for him to go into the stall and lock the door, for once, he actually obeyed and got up on the toilet seat.
                    The woman came around the corn or and saw me. She aimed her weapon on me and said "Hand me everything you got," She said, I didn't feel like getting shot today, so I gave her my gun and handed her my backpack. She took my gun and layed my backpack on the sink. She aimed her gun back at me and said "What else you got?"
                    I was surprised and , with my hands still raised, I said "That's it!" I yelled in panic.
                     "Don't lie to me, I'll pop you!" She said and then her face turned into one of realization and then turned back to her normal one "Give me your hat,"
                     I didn't even have to think as I said "No!" I couldn't give her my hat, it was the only thing I have that reminds me of my parents other than my walkie talkie.
                     "Where'd you get it?" She questioned me. I didn't know what to say. Should I lie? What lie would I say? I think I'd rather say the truth.
                    "I got it from my dad," I said, her face almost looked guilty but then it changed back to her one that she favored.
                     "Just give it to me," She said and before I could say anything, a sound came from Duck's stall. She looked at the stall and opened the door and pointed her gun at Duck. He looked like he was about to scream but the woman said "You scream and I shoot," He still loomed scared but he got out of the stall and stood right beside me with his hands up, just like me. "Two little fish, swimming in the messed up sea," she said in a sing song voice. Omid just came around the corner and had a look of fright and worry. I had a little more hope than I had a second ago. I looked over at Duck and he looked like he saw Omid too. "Both of y'all are just little fish. Y'all gonna cry little fish?" She picked up my picture of Lee and continued "This your daddy? What a bozo," She said, directing the question torwad me. The door closed loudly and the woman turned around and shot Omid. It happened way too fast. Omid had a hole in his chest and the blood was spreading fast. The woman lost her mask completely and backed away, almost dropping my gun. A few seconds later Christa came in.
                     "OMID!" She shouted, looking at his lifeless body.
                    "I didn't do it! I didn't do it!" She dropped my gun and put her hands in surrender. "I didn't do-" she didn't get to finish her sentence though because she got shot, only this time, it was by Christa. I started to cry but I kept quiet.
                     "Omid," Christa said, barley in a whisper. "Omi- Omid, ca- can you hear me? Omid?" Christa looked up and looked from the gun to me. I felt guilty, like somehow this was my fault. I started to cry and, I don't know who, but someone was hugging me, I guess it was Duck, considering Christa was holding Omid. I didn't want to do anything more than to dissapear right there.

A/N: I FORGOT THE DISCLAIMER! OH MY GOD! disclaimer: I don't own the walking dead! So this story took forever, and it's just the first chapter! Anyways, I love all of ya, see ya!