Duck's Nightmare

Clemintine was pacing back and forth in the small space while Duck was sitting in a corner of the shed. "I need to get out of here, we need to patch up my injury," she whispered and Duck closed his eyes and sighed.

"I agree but I think some sleep will do us good," He said slowly as Clemintine looked to him.

"Duck, I'm going to patch up my wound, You can go to sleep as much as you'd like," and just as she said that Duck instantly fell asleep and she rolled her eyes. I didn't actually think you'd fall asleep like that! She thought and looked around for a way to get to the house to search for supplies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duck woke up with him in his mother's lap. Katjaa was asleep as the train moved further down the tracks. His mother coughed up blood and he looked at Lee for help for what to do. Lee took a napkin and wiped the blood from his mother's mouth.

"We can't go on like this, we need to stop the train, I think it's time," Lee said as Duck held onto his mom tighter but did not say anything as Lee left for Kenny. Clemintine looked at Duck and Katjaa with a worried expression. Duck kept his eyes shut tight as he heard a groan from Katjaa.

"Mommy?" He asked hopefully. Katjaa didn't answer the boy and slowly opened her eyes for Duck only to see yellow cover the white that was once there. "Momma?" Duck asked as he got off of her and backed away. Katjaa lunged at him violently as she growled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duck jolted awake to see Clemintine with a walker grabbing a hold on her leg tightly. Just as he was standing up to aid her, it crawled the rest of its way in and trapped Clemintine underneath him. Duck pulled the zombie off of her by its collar and instead led himself into danger he looked to the hammer as Clemintine grabbed it and brought it down on the zombie's head. It turned it's attention to her and Duck pulled it back, causing the zombie to get stuck on an anchor that was hung up but low enough for the zombie to land on its sharp edges. Clemintine walked closer to it and took a few tries hitting it dead center in the forehead before it finally stopped moving. Once she was done, they heard the doors open.

"Holy shit...!"

"What the...?"

Clem shifted the hammer back and forth until it was out of the zombie's head.

"How did that get in here?"

"Kids are tough as nails,"

Duck saw fury in Clem's eyes as she stood up a little straighter "I'm still. Not. Bitten. I never was! And you left me out here to die!" She said as Luke reached up to scratch the back of his neck. Luke looked down at her arm.

"You patched yourself up?" Luke asked in surprise as the rest of his group followed after him.

"Where'd you get that stuff?"

"Did she steal from us?" The pregnant lady from before asked pointedly.

*Take the blame. *Let Clemintine take it

"I did," Duck said "You left her to die, we had no choice, I'm sorry," he said in an assertive tone but his legs shook in anxiety. He barely knew what happened before that walker. Did Clem actually steal from them? Alvin looked at him in confusion. Does he know Clem did it?

"And you think we should trust them?"

"God damnit, don't even start, any of you would've done the same if you were half as tough as these little kids. So just save it," Pete said and they took a breathe of relief when the worst outcome hasn't took place.